Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Knowing is only half the battle

I wanted to draw your attention to this article I used in the last letter to Pat Lykos. The FBI and the Justice Department have decided to review thousands of cases that may have used faulty or exaggerated forensic sciences.

The article states that they FBI knew for years that their hair-matching forensics were questionable, but did nothing. This means that not only were innocent men kept incarcerated, but that nobody DID shit when new convictions were obtained.

This is not the first time an entire fucking branch of forensic science has been discarded.

“The last time the FBI abandoned a forensic practice was in 2005, when it ended efforts to trace bullets to a specific manufacturer’s batch through analyzing their chemical composition after its methodology was scientifically debunked. The bureau released files in an estimated 2,500 bullet-lead cases only after “60 Minutes” and The Post reported the problem in 2007.”

(Emphasis mine)

The purpose here is not to harp on the fallibility of forensics, but to point out that these government institutions knew that they were pulling convictions out their ass, but they didn’t care.

At this point, some of you are probably thinking “No shit; why does this matter?"

Well, before I developed a personal interest in this case, I did not think it was possible for things like this to happen. Learning about the Houston Crime Lab being shut down back in 2002 floored me. I just could not understand that evidence, the backbone of justice, could be faked, ignored, or hidden.

So, for all those who just recently joined us, and may not be aware of the history of the Harris County Justice system, let me be the first to tell you: it happens, in small towns and large nations, because of lone prosecutors and bloated government agencies. Every now and then, though, one has the courage to look back and try to fix its mistakes.

That’s what we’re trying to start for Carlos Coy and I point it out because I need for you to see that, for one thing, it happens; and just as importantly, that it can be fixed.


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interrestinh piece. have you asked carlos about lil bing?

Anonymous said...

Damn.. That's messed up

Incandesio said...

Anon 9:56:
Yes, I sent the comments last week. :)

Unknown said...

How can dey do dat stupid ppl I swear!

Anonymous said...

So I guess this is good news for Carlos @ Incandesio.

Anonymous said...

I want spm to see this comment if u may, ive been researchin this illuminati shit and ive seen the trend of murders they done on celebrities who oppose them, now tell me carlos have they come to you? From my intelligence i have a guess they have thats why your doin 45, n my hypothesis because they have not kill you yet is becase you dont expose em yet, i just wana know the truth behind this mudafuckas dat got us killin each other n stuck in this ghetto and main our community think bein gay is right with dese fagg ass rappers im frum southwest wish could tell ur more but ill wait for a response thats not if dey cum n kill me jajaj but i fear the one who kills the soul

beanieman said...

This shit doesn't surprise me. U.S. Government=scandal. From cases like Los' case all the way to shit like 9/11. They don't give two fucks about ruining peoples lives to try to keep people from seeing truth and thinking freely. And don't forget the all mighty dollar. They do this shit to keep they pockets full too. It's up to people like us and sites like this one to show truth and get people to think for themselves and not be blinded by the high powers that run the world. FREE SPM!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude shut the fuck up with the illuminati go read a book and stop dwelling on stupid fantasiese idiot. man you make hispanics looks stupid...go to college and learn a thing or too retard!

Anonymous said...

A LA VERGA! NOS VAN A ENCERRAR A TODOS LOS WETBACKS!

Anonymous said...

Dude,your argument is pretty stupid. Why only Hispanics? They're not the only ones that believe there's a secret society named the illuminati. There's no need to be an ass to the guy.My grammar might not be as good as yours,but at least I know how to use the word too correctly.

Anonymous said...

Your comments are funny. Keep up the work, im here daily reading updates and comments. BUT seriously, can u ask Los if they are ever gonna update the Dopehouse website.? You should just run the site, at least your on top of your game. Oh, and plz plz plz can I get a release date on Son Of Norma! FREE THE MEXICAN

Anonymous said...

Talking about the illuminati which is the devil , satan however you want to call him . They control the music industry, they control everything from the banking system. Even universal records which SPM was signed to Incandesio ask SPM how was his relationship with universal . I know for a fact SPM is very smart and did not sell his soul like Eminem and other rappers and never changed his style and always kept it 100% thats why you never here SPM on big radio station because those devilish people own all the media outlets. Ask SPM how his relationship with these people and about how many albums he sold while signed to universal and I want to know how was there reaction when they first heard about his case.

Incandesio said...

ANon 12:00: It will be sent along with this post, so he will see it.

Anons 11:54&9:12: You can see the Official Blog Position on the illuminati here: http://www.spmaftermath.com/2012/01/conspiracy-theory-theory.html

And please, for the love of God, don't be grammar nazis. A lack of education does not equal a lack of intelligence, and just because someone misuses or misspells a word doesn't mean they don't have a good point.

Anon 10:04: I have asked about the website, but that's up to Dope House to get it running again. I appreciate your confidence in my abilities but running a commercial website is probably very different from running a blog. Thank you, though!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoWSvZHQtg&feature=related Free LOS

Anonymous said...

incandesio , can you teach " Hellhound3()X " some sense about Carlos Coy .. He thinks he is the SPM GENIOUS

Mr. topnotch said...

Youtube (lil keke birthday bash house of blues) lil flip freestlyles n says "hate tht my nigga spm shipped off" thought tht wuz pretty dope.

Incandesio said...

Hellhound? He's my li'l buddy!

Ha ha, seriously though; last time I called Hellhound out for using bullshit facts he got his panties in a twist, banned me and deleted a bunch of my comments. Argue with him if it amuses you, but don't take anything he says seriously. He doesn't do his own research, doesn't verify the facts he gets from other people, and doesn't understand half of what he yells about.

ELchapoGUZMAN82 said...

Incandesio im a dateline and 60 minutes fan why is it that they show alot of high profile cases on random stuff about random people and sometimes they have certain cases about celebrities what im trying to say is wouldnt this bullshit going on carlos be a good segment not only because its fucked up what he's been through but to let people know more about his case and how if the justice system wants put you away at any moment they fucken please they can once again thank you for what you do

FREE THE KING!
FREE THE S.P.M!

salvadorboy13 said...

^^ the same thing happened to me hahahaha, I dont get why everytime people make him look like an idiot he just blocks them. He whent as far as to say that I am working for your website, when i didnt mention it ONCE in our argument, he told me to stop "believing the homies".... He says that Carlos raped a girl, he is so stupid that it makes my blood boil, but your right its pointless trying to argue with him. Although i do think a debate on your blog with him would be fun :)

Anonymous said...

Spm is one of the best rappers alive today. Eeven tho my boy s.p. Is locked up I still have madd love for him. I really love all his songs. Especially IF I DIE, SUCKAS N HATERS. BLOODY WAR, BOYS ON THE CUT, illegal AMIGOS, ANYTHING GOES, FILTHY RICH, and TWICE LAST NIGHT. I want to give a shout. So here goes. Baldwin park up. From the 626 $. G.V. Junto with Wasco killa Cali. Kern County. 661 and I got much love for all my playas. Peace... Sincerely Ese cubb.

Anonymous said...

Free spm(: