Updated Thursdays

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Letter to Jim Leitner



Back in October I received a letter from First Assistant District Attorney Jim Leitner saying that they had received my request for a review of Coy’s case, but needed his date of birth or case number to process it.



I sent the numbers in right after I got the letter, and I figure it’s time to write in and find out if the review has ever been started. If it has, great; if not, that’s just one more thing to focus on in our letters to Pat Lykos. Please feel free to send a copy of this, or write a letter of your own. This is not my review, or my case; this action needs to be taken on behalf of all of us, and it would be very helpful if several of us contacted the DA’s office about it.



Jim Leitner
First Assistant District Attorney
1201 Franklin St
Houston, Tx
77002


Sir,


I’m writing today about a review of case #908426.
Coy vs. Texas, which took place in 2002, remains one of the more baffling convictions overseen by Chuck Rosenthal’s DA Office.


I received your letter asking for more information in October of 2011, and sent my reply almost immediately. I was wondering if my request for a review had eventually been processed, and what the outcome was.

I would really appreciate you taking a few minutes to let me know. Thanks for your time.

Me, My address, blah blah blah.




There it is; short, polite, and to the point. I put the case number up top, where it’ll be noticed immediately, and included a little information about the case itself so he knows what I’m asking about. When I get a reply, I’ll post it up here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

October 5 1971 carlos coy b day mr malone says hi dope house 4 life free spm