Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Public Service Announcement

I have received a few comments complaining about recent blog content; specifically, an excess of my own writing and a lack of letters from Carlos Coy. I want to address these because y’all are my readers and I’m sorry you’re feeling frustrated.

This blog has never been the place to go for the latest on SPM’s music, information about Dope House, or even updates from Carlos Coy. I have never promised that because I can’t; my interest is in his case, and that’s what the blog is about. Consolidating information, highlighting problems with the Harris County justice system, and answering those who think Coy is guilty are the primary reasons it exists. When I started out, there was very little information and it was spread pretty randomly over the web. Now, most of it is here. I can’t describe the joy I feel when I stumble across an argument and see people using information they found here to make their point; it tells me that the blog has made a difference, and that is extremely cool.

TDCJ recently instituted a No-Social Media policy; it’s very broad, and everyone who communicates with an inmate has to figure out what is and isn’t permitted. This is going to be established by trial and error, over time. While we wait for that to happen I don’t expect to receive much content from SPM. My goal has been to keep this blog updated weekly just to keep the information circulating, to keep the conversation going. When I write about exonerees from across Texas, that’s what I’m doing.

This may not be information that you feel you need, and that’s fine; if you can articulate good reasons for your belief in Coy’s innocence and an understanding that the court system responsible for his conviction has a history of wrongful convictions, then the blog’s purpose has been served; you don’t need to read it. I always publish Coy’s posts under a recognizable heading (Letter from SPM, Dear Family, etc.) so that those of you who only stop in for his writing have an easier time deciding if they want to waste a click or not.

(Tl;dr: I don’t guarantee content from Carlos Coy, about Dope House, or music. Do as you will.)


Thanks for reading and whether you come back here or not, thank you for spreading the word.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

For entertainment purposes only ...good blog keep it up

jose said...

so we might not hear from los again?

Anonymous said...

Great blog & Thank you for everything you do for his case. Most of your readers are SPM's fans so naturally we turn to this blog for any news or updates from SPM. Until recently, this was our only source of information from SPM. Carley has now Dopeworld ent. up and running and their social media accounts has frequent updates relating to Dopehouse Records, Carlos Coy, his projects and other Dopehouse artist. I turn to your blog weekly and learned a lot from it. From doing my own research I do believe Carlos was incarcerated for other reasons than what they put him in for. As true fans, we patiently wait for the day he comes home. All we can do is wait like him but now we have his kids to keep his name, his dream and the movement going. Free SPM

Anonymous said...

Dear spm we follow your stolen verses let me tell u why,those people that steal from you they don't have talent , is like when u open up a restaurant people go there because of the chef,not the cashier you have the recipe of the kitchen .free spm much love from dallas tx

jose said...

did linda respond to your last post?

Incandesio said...

Thanks all for the kind words. Jose, she did respond, but it's more of the same and I don't think I'm going to keep going in circles. Did you have a question about a particular issue she raised?

jose said...

nah, i just enjoyed the back and forth. theres not much else to talk about right now, and we dont hear from people like her too often. are we ever going to get to see all of the transcripts?

Incandesio said...

I hope so.

Meskinkid said...

Its interesting to read this blog, I come to hear from Los and about Los. It's all good. You're doing a great job incandesio

jose said...

hope so? like you hope los will send you all them? how much would it cost to get the transcripts at the courthouse?

Anonymous said...

Incandesio,
Thank you for all you do. I have read this blog for years and appreciate the hard work and time spent giving us info on the case and about SPM. Also I was very impressed on how time and time again you conduct yourself against people who don't understand the purpose of this blog. My first year in college I wrote an essay on SPM and about his case. My professor did say write about anything. Maybe one day I'll be as brave as you and share it. Thank you

All the best,
ATL

Shereeeeeeee said...

Thank you for what you do. NY updates on any appeals?