Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Dear Family 22


5/19/15
Jung Fanmilia,

            I’m not sure if “Fanmilia” will stick, let me know what you think. Damn, it’s been too long since I’ve written and I’m sorry about that. Let me start by reminding you that I love you, and I need you, and I thank God for you. Your love and support is like nothing I can explain, like nothing the music industry has ever seen. It’s unfailing, and long suffering, and it gives me the power to stay strong. I will continue to murder all competition, and drop them off at your front door step, like a thoughtful cat brings his owner a dead bird. Or, I can just leave them where they lay, whatever you want.

            So, I’m still on all these restrictions and I’ll give you an update on the disciplinary cases I’ve been getting.

            On September 31st, 2014, the exact day the S.O.N. was released, I was given a case for operating an unauthorized business. They said I was promoting the album in return for financial gain, but I don’t own DHR, or any of the music. It was a fraud case, there was no evidence to justify the case, they were just mad because an album came out.

`           I’m allowed to help my family as long as I’m not profiting from my conviction. And how could someone profit from that bullshit? Thousands of inmates give advice, write songs, books, screenplays, do all kinds of stuff to help their family. I did not break any rules, but I was found guilty and made a Level Two, which means I have to be handcuffed everywhere I go, I can’t have contact visits, can only have two visits per month, can’t use the phone, can’t buy no food from the commissary, can’t watch TV, and all these restrictions last for ninety days. But if I catch another case, the ninety days starts all over.

            On December 11th, 2014, after seventy-three days of being on Level Two, I was given a case for “causing a disturbance.” That’s when a lot of people called UTMB about my medical care. I was not being cared for, so I wrote Incandesio a letter, and wrote my sister a letter. They got mad because, basically, they want you to die without complaining. It was a fraud case because I have proof that I went to the hospital three times, and all three times my appointment was cancelled. But they were looking for  reason to give me a case since I was about to get my Level One and get off restrictions. I was found guilty and my ninety days on Level Two was renewed.

            On March 26th, 2015, I had already been on Level Two for way over ninety days, but they didn’t give me my Level One. They broke their own policy and waited till we had our three-month shakedown. They waited because they planned on giving me another case during that shakedown, to keep me on Level Two. On March 26th, I was given a case for a homemade stinger (it’s a thing that warms up water.) People make homemade stingers when they don’t have money for a hotpot. I have a hotpot. They found the stinger in my neighbor’s cell and planted the case on me. When the Sergeant came to my cell to read me the case, I told him, “That was not found in my cell.” My neighbor heard us talking and was man enough to tell the Sergeant that the stinger belonged to him. The Sergeant got mad and said, “Why you all in this man’s business!” My neighbor said, “Because that wasn’t his stinger.” But it didn’t matter, in the kangaroo court they run in prison, the charging officer said he found it in my cell. Whatever an officer says outweighs what an inmate says, whether the officer is lying or not. So, I was found guilty due to the officer’s testimony, even though the Sergeant admitted that my neighbor told him that the stinger belonged to him (my neighbor.) Now, I’ll be on restriction till the end of June. That’s if they don’t give me another case.

            All of this started at the end of September, in 2014, when the S.O.N. was released, and it will be nine months without being able to call my kids, to hug my family, to see them every weekend. I don’t care about TV or commissary, it’s the inability to stay close to my family, that's what hurts the most. And these people can hurt men in this way any time they feel like it. I didn’t run no unauthorized business, I didn’t cause no disturbance, I didn’t have no damn stinger in my cell. Like I said, I have a hotpot. My neighbor doesn’t have anything to warm water up for his coffee, so he made one out of an electric cord. I don’t even know how to use a homemade stinger. Everybody back here knows they planted that case on me, and it’s enough to drive a man insane, which I think that’s their goal. But I ask God to not let that happen, and all the love I get from you makes it impossible not to feel blessed.

            These people are doing this, for the same reason they’ve been doing it for years, because SPM albums are being released. The whole purpose in getting SPM locked up was to destroy my name and end my career. Now, these people are pissed because the movement is only getting stronger. And as far as the music, that’ll never die.

            I explained to the Warden, when I first got to this unit, that an album was coming out in September. I said, “Sir, I always get retaliated on when an album comes out, and these albums are going to be released whether I die today or not. And the company, that my brother owns, still has five or six more albums.

            He said, “Alright, we’re going to leave you alone, just let me know the exact day the album is coming out.”

            When I found out, I told him. I kept my side of the bargain, I didn’t break any rules or regulations. But I don’t think it’s the Warden who’s doing this, I think it’s someone in a higher position, someone in Huntsville is telling this unit to keep me Level Two. I’m the most compliant, most respectful inmate back here, yet I’m the only one catching cases. Dudes aren’t even getting minor cases back here. It’s clear I’m being targeted because they hate the fact that my music isn’t dead.

            I used to just accept all this unfair treatment but my neighbor is showing me how to file complaints called “grievances”, which lead to court hearings, in a real court. I used to think that, eventually, these people would leave me alone, but they don’t get tired of fucking with me. I have no choice but to fight, even though the laws are set up to protect the system. As soon as I learn more about the law, I’ll let you know how you can help. Something needs to be done, I’m just not sure what it is.

            Well, I hope you’ve been doing good. If God has blessed you with health, I want you to take a deep breath and exhale a big “Thank you.” Be grateful that you’re healthy because nobody realizes how great of a blessing it is to just feel okay, to not be in any serious physical pain. Not until something happens do people understand how blessed they were before. My wife’s cousin’s little girl has cancer, and they had to cut away some of the inside of her nose. One day she’s perfectly fine, then she gets these bruises that won’t go away. Then, the doctor is giving her parents the most heartbreaking news in the world. The day before you’re pissed off because the house is a mess, the dog needs a bath, the kids are making too much noise, and then you realize how blessed you were when you were pissed off about those small things. You would give anything for life to go back to those small problems, those wonderful problems. I just pray for that little girl, and even though I don’t know her, I love her and it breaks my heart to know that she’s going through all this stuff.

            By-the-way, I said my “wife’s cousin’s little girl” because I’m still married to Gina. I told her, several times, to send me the divorce papers but I guess I’ll have to do that myself. I’m not sure why Sancho doesn’t push the issue, but I sure would like my last name back, especially since it’s riding bareback on another man’s pony.

            Anyway, that’s the life of SPM. If you guys have any questions for me, just post them and the magnificent Incandesio will get them to me. And let me say that she is magnificent and an incredible blessing.

            As far as my health, I’ve been getting a lot of letters and questions about that. I still haven’t been given a diagnosis. They said my MRI was fine, that they couldn’t see anything wrong with my brain. But my jaw still has a slight tremble, and it’s been that way for the last nine months. You can’t see it with the naked eye, but I can feel it. I’m supposed to be seeing another doctor but everything takes forever in this place. I’ll keep you updated as things progress.

            So, on my next letter, I’ll talk about upcoming projects, and plans, and perhaps provide pictures profiling pregnant pigs partying. I shall leave you with a Cold Forty. As you know, I am King of Cold Forty, or Quick Sixteen, of Throwed Thirty, and any other rap related verse on this planet. All those in agreement say “yay”! All those in denial say “nay!” Because of new technology I’m immediately able to see that 92 percent of you said, “yay”, 2 percent said “nay”, and the other six percent were not paying attention and missed their chance to vote. Therefore, we got 2 percent dickheads, 6 percent estupidos, and 92 percent rational human beings. I’d say that makes me king, wouldn’t you? If not, let this make it clear:

Another Cold Forty
“The Cream Durango”

Welcome to a world where the queen’s on yayo
where rain, when it rains, neva leaves a rainbow
a place where they step on the leaf that makes snow
let’s take a lil trip in the cream Durango
where you meet the angel, under sheets she’s faithful
then her palm opens up to receive the peso
where cheese ain’t queso, the deceased are grateful
and the plans unravel, so the dreams get tangled
if it’s sweet it’s hateful if it’s peach it’s mango
if her voice is too low better leave the table
cause when jeans hit ankle, only three things dangle
and a two-headed woman only needs one Kangol
can we please just pray though, but in Jesus name so
we can understand the reason he was beat and slain fo
let my ink pen drain slow as it bleeds it’s painful
but I do it to release, just to sleep my eight yo
I eat my tray mo fuckin Beans Alfredo
And how you gon serve some cold steamed potatoes?
I’s cheese and bagels, fried green tomatoes
five seasoned brain pros, I scream for great blows
dime pieces, date those, Chinese and Anglos
nice cheeks like J-Lo’s, why read the labels
my freeworld day goes, fine freaks with nay clothes
slide grease on a-holes, dry skeet on they nose
lime green that stay rolled, now my suite’s on K-row
“Excuse me, guard, does this TV have cable?”
they just teased and made jokes, one weak-ass fake ho
yelled, “Sure, would you also like a weekly facial!”
but at least I’m stable, and my weed is pedro
and I guess it’s kinda funny how my penis stay swole
I don’t mean to play don’t mean to heat no halos
I don’t want ya momma hotta than a teed volcano
but my peace was strangled since I peed in cradles
cause the curse upon my family precedes prenatal
it’s an evil gameshow where I seize and slay foes
in tights yellin, “Mom, where my cleats and cape go!”
cause a demon’s able to make freeness fatal
to rob teacher’s payroll to buy seats for NATO
greed feeds betrayal, while they preach “Just say ‘No’”
and to think the same ol, lets it reach Laredo…

            For my rap aficionados, notice that I use the same four-syllable rhyme structure throughout the entire Cold Forty. The 1st syllable has the strong “e” rhyme; the 2nd syllable is a “connector”, which connectors don’t necessarily rhyme, but they keep the structure connected; the 3rd syllable has the strong “a” rhyme; and the 4th syllable has the strong “o” rhyme. I’m going to give you the first   
 Four syllable rhyme structures on this verse. (Note; I’m going to spell the syllables as they should be pronounced.)



There was one section where I added a rhyming syllable to the front of the structure, (the strong “i” rhyme), making the structure a five-syllable rhyme structure. I delivered thirteen of those structures which I’ll display now:



If you want to be a successful lyricist, you have to love to write. The more you write, the more treasure you’ll find. It’s like digging for artifacts, the more you dig, the more you’ll find. If you don’t dig, you don’t find. But you have to know what is treasure and what is trash.

            Rewriting is the difference between decent lyrics and dope lyrics. You have to search for weaknesses, for lines that can be better. I usually rewrite a verse six or seven times before I feel it’s good to go. The Cream Durango was an exception. I originally wrote it for a magazine ad, so I wanted it to be super duper dope. I ended up rewriting it seventeen times. In some instances, I would change one line half-a-dozen times. In other instances, I had to make tough sacrifices. For example, on lines 26, 27 and 28, I originally had:

            “Excuse me, guard, what about my weekly facial?”
            but they teased and made jokes, one screamed out, “hey bro,
            would you also like a burger with some secret mayo!”

            That’s fucking hilarious. This guard is joking about busting a nut in my hamburger. But during my rewrite, I noticed that I already used the word “scream” on one of my strong “e” rhymes, on line 20: “…I scream for great blows.”

            I don’t like to use the same words if I can help it. It takes a little dopeness out of the verse. I didn’t want to change line 20 because I couldn’t think of any way to change it. So, I decided to replace “scream” with “geek”:

            “Excuse me, guard, what about my weekly facial?”
but they teased and made jokes, one geek said “Hey bro,
would you also like a burger with some secret mayo!”

            But “geek” didn’t sit well with me. It felt like a reach. So, after some thought, I made a drastic change to this:

            “Excuse me, guard, but my burger needs some mayo.”
they just teased and made jokes, one weak-ass fake hoe
yelled, “Sure, would you also like a weekly facial!

But on another rewrite, I noticed that I used the word “needs” on line 12: “…and a two-headed woman only needs one Kangol”  There was no way I was going to touch line 12, it was too good. So, I kept trying to figure out lines 26, 27 and 28. Finally, I came up with what I have now:

“Excuse me, guard, does this TV have cable?”
they just teased and made jokes, one weak-ass fake ho
yelled, “Sure, would you also like a weekly facial!”

That’s funny, too. It wasn’t as funny as the “secret mayo” line but I had to sacrifice that punch line in the name of skill. I was, also, happy with the move because the shock value of the “secret mayo” line would have weakened the shock value of the line that was only two lines away:

“and I guess it’s kinda funny how my penis stay swole”

That had a lot of shock value because nothing (closely before it) was comically dark. If I had kept the “secret mayo” line, the “penis punch” wouldn’t have packed the power it possesses. (What’s up with my “p” word obsession?)

That was just one example of dozens and dozens of changes I made, and the brain twisting it took to make everything work. It’s like a game where you have to find the best way to get to the Land of Crack. Deep in your heart you know where that land is, and you have to pave your way to it, one syllable at a time. (That was a corny analogy.)

Anyway, rewriting should never be an option, it’s what you have to do. Turning one of your weaker lines into one of your stronger lines is what turns Firebirds into Ferraris. Don’t compare your shit to all the weak shit that’s out there just because a lot of weak shit is making money. Maybe they were at the right place at the right time. Don’t depend on luck for success, rather work on being undeniable. Making money isn’t easy, it takes hard work, it takes a daily grind. But if you have the drive, maybe, just maybe, one day, you’ll build yourself up to the second best. What? You didn’t think you could wreck me, did you? Alright, now you’re just being ridiculous. I’m gone.
Naw, the hell with that! Just for thinking you can wreck me, I’mma smoke your ass with a Quick Sixteen. No rewrites!

Quick Sixteen
“Boos and applause”


I don’t drink and then drive, but I drive while I drink
plus I smoke but don’t worry when I’m high I can think
then I argue with my girl, while reclining my seat
Now da bitch is throwing punches as I fly down the street
why y’all quiet it’s me, the fuckin king of the mike
I be freestylin when I can’t read what I write
S.P. to “M”, to do “E” to da “X”
I ain’t tryna steal ya girl, we just meet up for sex
you can be with her next, let’s jus keep the respect
either stop with all the hickies or I’ll pee on her neck
Let’s agree I’m the best, I don’t care who’s in second
Y’all can argue that out, till ya barefoot and naked
there’s a werewolf in Texas, and I dare dude’s to step it’s
a damn shame that I gotta say my spare hoof’s a weapon
cause a wolf would have paws, and chunk duece with his claws
so no wonder I can hear a mix of boos and applause…

This one needed a few rewrites. I’ll get you next time, damn it!

Con Amor,
Los


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Los man ur gonna be ok, I just know it. I hope we continue to receive regular updates from you. You are far from forgotten

Unknown said...

HELLO CLOSES APPROACHES SMOKE MY WEED SAVE MY ROACHES GREW UP TOO FAST TRUSTED THOSE WHO WERE CLOSES PICKIN ROSES ALWAYS GOT POKED NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY MY MOTHER DONT LIKE ROSE SELF EDUCATED WENT TOO WEED MANS HOUSE CAUSE IT WAS CLOSES...........YO DO YOU LIKE MICHIGAN STATE BASKET BALL OR FOOTBALL STAY STRONG AND REAL SPM NEVER CHANGE THE MEXICAN LIVES

Anonymous said...

What is adress to write to spm.i have 2 questions . Have you ever screwed and chopped a song yourself i know u make amazing beats.and whats the status on your book

Unknown said...

Man Cuzz this shit hurts huh
You were the hottest thing smokin while in the free world
Now while on lock you're the only one burning
Them boys doin you dirty in there and that shit ain't right!
Prayer is all I can offer, but I've learned it's the most powerful help you can give to anyone in pain
Keep your head up as I keep you in my prayers
Much love from tha ATX!

Rennie "EniSi" Hynes said...

Stay strong,Los. They fear what they do not understand and fear manifests into the need to control and (they hope) by controlling squash that which scares them. In reality, they are nothing more than small, closed minds and deserve to be pitied for their ignorance. But we all know, no one truly gets what they deserve, so FUCK THE 5-0 and all of their imbecilic minions! Your word is true and your beat is strong. You have a message and your message gets out no matter what - because it comes from the heart and soul and rings truer than true. Your fans are here, upholding your name and sending you strength, love, and respect.

Dre K47 aka Killa Smoke Ninja said...

I spit da story of a warrior

In a constant battle with devils demons n sorcerers

In a world where they warped and worship sin

let the war begin

Evil words are poisonous jus like a scorpion

With so much evil in da heartz of men

I try my hardest every day
To fight the darkness within

The path I walk is thin
And very few can walk it wit me

Sum time my life so hard I

wish dat God would come get me

Please don't forget me
Im swimmin wit da sharks

if one bit me
All da rest gon smell da blood
n they gon start a feedin frenzy

I plead to Jesus send the angels to defend me

N when my life comes to an end

I pray dat heaven da place u send me
vengeance is
Mine sayeth da Lord

God forgive me for my sins u know I live by da sword

N I already know dat im gon reap wut I sew

Cuz I've seen so muc death it made my heart turn cold

Grim reapa snatchin souls
I c him creep on da low

But I won't retreat
cuz i ain't ready to go
I stay Ready for woe (war)

Wut it do mane? Keep ya head up g and stay strong. I'll be prayin for u along with all da rest of da real niggaz. I hope u get free soon g da game needs u right now with all these wacc ass nonrappin ass mufuccas comin out. I been jammin yo shit since junior high and I feel u one of da dopests lyricists of all time . I'm just a underground hood meskin from Clovis New Mexico(da Dirty Curry) tyna get on with this music like u. I would love to collab on a tracc with u hit me up on my gmail if u feelin me drechavez1984@gmail.com

Unknown said...

My comments never post weird.

Anonymous said...

Yo SP,
have you reached "GOD" statues in Hiphop? We on know you been a legend for 15 years plus. in my opinion you beyond legend by now. you on a whole nother strata. i aint tryna cock buff you nigga but fuk it you a god my nigga. congratulations

Anonymous said...

What are the chances of you getting early parole. U have done enough time.

Unknown said...

Keep your head up ...you know all them melasas are haters....

Unknown said...

Man Carlos Coy ur music helped me with a lot knowledge mindset lifestyles homiez stories love respect and most of all family ... Ur music is a big part of my life like on some Real Trill Talk man I just love my city and my race Tru Htown Mexicano carnal Stay Up S.P.M. FreedomX

Unknown said...

Man Carlos Coy ur music helped me with a lot knowledge mindset lifestyles homiez stories love respect and most of all family ... Ur music is a big part of my life like on some Real Trill Talk man I just love my city and my race Tru Htown Mexicano carnal Stay Up S.P.M. FreedomX

Anonymous said...

Whats status with spm and dope house soldiers. Some are turning to bubble gum rap that autotune bullshit. Does spm know about low g the blackjack album

Unknown said...

god bless you man your music will never die. TDC can go to hell.

Unknown said...

Free the mex!!!

Unknown said...

Fight fight fight!! Breeeeeeeaatth.....
You will be out my brother..
Just believe in karma!!..
And them mothafuckas will pay!!..
Believe in Karma. Believe...

Anonymous said...

fuck the system can't break SPM free spmex already . Glad he is doing well though. KEep your head up Carlos we all love and miss you. We will keep your music and your life alive fuck the unfair system

Unknown said...

Stay strong !!!

Unknown said...

Mmm could that be Illuminati ? Or who ever controls the music stations , who play the same bs all over us

Mike from ATX said...

Hey los big time dopehouse supporter whether its yourself rasheed lucky Carolyn Grimm bash or even extended fam like Ice, Dat boi t, chingo bling, etc I was honored to have had my voice message chosen out of many for the dope city compilation shout out track.

We dopehouse soldados know the ins and outs of the inconsistencies and holes in your case believe in our hearts you're innocent of the story that landed you there (otherwise we wouldn't continue to buy the music, merchandise, and concert tickets of yourself and aforementioned artists).
We know you admit only one case is true and you were willing to do ten for your son but not 5 to take a plea deal and say you did that chomo shit. Bash recently responded very bluntly to a hater "I wouldn't support a chomo" speaking of bash wish you were free to try and see the hustle with bash's LEGAL marijuana cigarettes.

My question is how do you feel about us folks who despite all the love i just mentioned choose not to wear the free spm banner daily like that (time and place type thing cypress hill concert with pre rolls yes daycare to pick up daughter no) As a parent i say to myself about other parents or people in general "i cannot change their mind about you, I as a parent cant hate them for feeling a way towards you on a circumstance they BELIEVE is true." Now mind you its a hypothetical I've never ran across someone in PERSON who was hating like that on you. But I'm just asking do you feel less supported by us who choose the time and place to run the stats and court transcript facts in the case. We just enjoy the music and show love and choose not to respond to the hateful comments. Because the fuck yous and threats from some of the fanbase going towards those hating on you doesnt resolve anything either.

Much love keep your head up to you.
All texas artists i met so far that you know/knew have all been down to earth genuine people (Point Blank, K Rino, Trae, Carolyn, Low G, Rasheed, Lucky, and Coast)

PS whats going on internally? i love both sides but some differences going on between your sis and brother in law and Pain, Carolyn, and Marisol Garay(whose like Incandensio status of loyalty to dhr and most hated)

jose said...

how does los know his wife is getting boofed by sancho?

Anonymous said...

So Los and his wife are not together? If so, when did this happen?

Mike from ATX said...

Its in the liner notes of the s.o.n. physical release. Its been 12 + years the unfortunate thought of los never being exonerated is a possibility. Gina has probably had this sancho longer than we've expected. I'd let my woman go if i got a life sentence.

Unknown said...

I thought thats what he has been doing all this time, but I guess not. Carlos should of been on top of his game since day one of his sentence! Learning and studing the law.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to ask a question does spm actually write back if we write to him