Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy 2015

I got an update from a case we talked about back in 2012, and I really want to share this with y’all. You may remember the case of Rickey Dale Wyatt from this post;

He was released back in January of 2012, but was officially found innocent by a Dallas judge on the 23 of this month. This should allow him to receive money from the state of Texas for his wrongful incarceration, although I don’t imagine any amount could adequately compensate for the loss of 31 years.

Still, it’s great to see something like this finally come full circle, after nearly three years. I don’t know what 2015 holds for Carlos Coy, but I’m feeling pretty positive. As always, thanks for sticking around and supporting the movement.

I found a pretty cool excerpt from a blessing for the new year by a Rabbi Rosove:

“May we hold lovingly in our thoughts / those who suffer from tyranny, subjection, cruelty, and injustice, / and work every day towards the alleviation of their suffering.
May we recognize our solidarity / with the stranger, outcast, downtrodden, abused, and deprived, / that no human being be treated as "other," / that our common humanity weaves us together / in one fabric of mutuality, / one garment of destiny.”
Happy New Year, y’all.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did spm wrote a cold 40 talking about Kendrick Lamar and dissing justin biber

Anonymous said...

Is carkos still answering questions I have alot to ask

Incandesio said...

Anon 10:40

I haven't heard from him in awhile, unfortunately.