Updated Thursdays

Monday, December 8, 2014

Dear Family 21


                                                                                                12/04/2014

Fam,

            I want to share a situation with you because I need your help. About a year ago the left side of my face felt like it was going numb, and so did my left arm. This happened while I was on the Allred Unit. They took me to the hospital that same night and after several tests, including an MRI (which is like a brainscan) they couldn’t find anything wrong. But ever since that day I’ve felt that same numbness on the left side of my face. Now, I’m on Pack One Unit in Navasota Texas and this medical condition is getting worse. About three months ago I was in the dayroom doing some exercises and I busted my head on this steel air condition vent. My head was split open, I needed stitches but all they did was clean it and bandage it. Let me just say that the worst thing that can happen to you in prison is that your health fails. The medical personnel will literally let you die if you don’t have any outside support to get their attention. So, anyway, after I busted my head open, it healed after about a week. Then one night I started feeling shaky, like it was cold. My jaw was shaking, my whole body felt like it was shivering. The next day I noticed that my jaw was still shaking, kind of like it does when you’re real cold. So, I told a nurse because it wouldn’t stop shaking. That was three months ago and I still haven’t gotten checked out. The reason I’m telling you this is because my symptoms are getting worse. Not only is my jaw shaking, but I feel dizzy and I have a pain in my head right where I busted my head open. I’m not sure if there’s blood on my brain, or if it’s something else. But things got real bad after that head injury. The problem is that the medical providers are not helping. They have not sent me to a real hospital so I can see real doctors. I’m sitting here as my condition grows worse and it’s scary as well as painful. I need to get help. I know I can depend on you because you have never let me down. I want you to call UTMB, which is the medical department of Texas prisons. Let them know that I’m suffering a pain in my head that won’t go away, that my jaw has been shaking non-stop for three months, that I feel very dizzy and that nobody at this unit is treating my emergency condition like an emergency. I don’t even know if I’ll make it by the time you get this letter, but it’s all in God’s hands. I don’t fear death, but I’m not in a hurry to meet it. But if I don’t make it, let me remind you that I love you and pray that you’ll give yourself the very best in life. Only you can give yourself the best and you’re smart enough to know what’s best and what’s not.

            Well, the numbers I have on UTMB are 936-437-4271 and 936-437-1972. Let them know we don’t want any trouble, we just want the humane treatment that any human being deserves. I wouldn’t be bothering you with this if it wasn’t serious. Let them know that you’re my friend but that we’re also like family and that you demand I be seen by real doctors immediately. Tell them that I’ve been trying to get seen by a real doctor for months and now things have gotten really bad. Thank you for helping me and if God is willing, I’ll be writing you again soon.


Con Todo Mi Amor,

Los
From Incandesio:

Coy's inmate # is 1110642. Please, be polite, and if you want to post the first name of the individual you speak with, do so in the comments. Let them know you'd like to register a complaint; see if they'll give you a call back once the issue has been resolved. Please be willing to give your name and a phone number, so they can identify each complaint.

If you're not sure what to say, consider this a basic guide:

"Hi, my name is such-and-such. I'm calling about a prisoner who is not receiving necessary medical care. I would like to register a complaint about the delay."

"If this is not the right department, can you please transfer me to someone who can help?"

"This is very important to me; I want to make sure that my complaint is (recorded, logged, documented, etc). Would it be possible for me to receive a case number, or a call back when my friend receives his care?"

According to UTMB's Org chart, the vice president of Offender Health Services is named Owen Murray. You can ask to speak with him, although you probably won't get through, and you can ask to leave him a message.

If you run into a situation you're not sure how to respond to, let me know about it in the comments. Chances are that someone else will run into the same one and we can work together to figure out what should be said. Let's get this done.

69 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe this smh I'm calling.

Anonymous said...

calling ASAP. SP, i got you!!!!

Unknown said...

omg i cant beleive my ears is the fucking system that fucked up ima call them up first thing in the morning and i will let you know what happens and to Carlos Coy S.P.M your in my prayers i hope you get the treatment that you need and deserve...much love nd respect

Anonymous said...

This is not right, I will call right away.

Mike from ATX said...

Wtf crazy workout was you doing for that to happen fam? I'm gonna call fo sho though.

Unknown said...

I'll give them a call also. Much love Los. Keep your head up. We got you out here on the outside.
-Rob D-

Unknown said...

Tell CARLOS to fake the pain & that should get their attention like literally start convulsing & shit & they would then have to check him out but you really have to act the part cus otherwise they would say fuck off liar & believe it or not the docs out here in the freeworld are like that too they must've forgotten why they got in the buiseness & care only about the money that comes with it...& as far as your numbness that's really scary C-Los watch yourself & your blood pressure my grandma just had a heart attack & a stroke at the same time & can't move the left side of her body that's what a stroke does it takes your motor skills from you & you said your feeling that just please watch yourself Los god willing you will pull through this & For sure you can BET I'll call those #'s & ask to get medical attention & I'll say I'm your Nephew Raymond he's been writing & telling me about his situation so please check up on him for me & the Family

Unknown said...

It's in gods hands he will be cured

Unknown said...

Is in gods hands he will be cured

Unknown said...

GOD BLESS YOU SPM!!!! IM DO MY PART!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely call.

Anonymous said...

I'm already praying for you Los , this is sad and frustrating , our best Mexican rapper locked up and sick , keep strong , you sounded bad , don't lose faith god is amazing won't let it happen , much love we got for you out here , don't let us down spm and we won't either

Anonymous said...

Woow, hope all is good sp, God is good ! CCalling asap

Anonymous said...

This is a serious problem, i had a feeling something was wrong, we all take life granted, the stuff we eat , drink and drugs are killing us .we need to keep spm alive as long as possible a premature death is not the way to go out.....free spm

Sarah Silva said...

I called the first number and its an automated system, it tells you "Press 6 to speak with a customer care representative" I did.. It rang & rang & rang then it hung up on its own. I called the second number no automated system, just rang over & over till it hung up.

Anonymous said...

its so sad about this but i understand cause my sons in huntsville..prayers are getting sent and i will call fo sho..we have your back carlos hang in there...we are your fans and family...we got this...much love...

Unknown said...

T.S said hello huh homeboy

Anonymous said...

I found a health care inquiry from on utmb correctional complaints .Web site ....print it fill it out and mail it ASAP..

Unknown said...

I just finished calling they said there already investigating, the situation so hopefully THEY Do TheRe Job To GivE HIM THE MEDICAL ATTENTION....
#FreeSPM Your in my prayers

Unknown said...

I JUST FINISHED CALLING DWN THERE THEY SAID THEY HAVE RECEIVED SO MANY CALLS TODAY AND THAT THEY ARE ALREADY INVESTIGATING ON THE SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH HIM,SO Hopefully they Start To Give Him The RiGht Medical Condition he needs!!!
Your in my prayers Spm (LOS)

Anonymous said...

Its stupid how the law doesnt care about people yeah thy are inmates but still get sick and need medical attention fucking system . Free LOS already fuck haters out here they have to much shit on their hands. Carlos stay strong you will get through it . God will help you get better . Love you just like many fans out here . Please keep us updated @incandesio .

Anonymous said...

im calling for sure. everyone has the right to equal balance

Unknown said...

I caled they said they would call carlos fam as soon as they get him taking care of i left my name but she didnt want my # stay up los we here for u

Anonymous said...

im in MEXICO but im calling!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely call. Hang in there Los! Love you papa.

Unknown said...

I swear if anything happens to u i mean anything ima fuccin put mothafuccers three hell!!!! Bitch ass people.....ima call and really complain bitch ass hoes i got u carlos coy!!!!!!!! Ima keep praying too!!!

Anonymous said...

^^^ @Michelle ^You need to learn how to spell. He will get the medical attention that he needs.

Anonymous said...

I left a message with Owen Murray today. After I spoke with him about this matter at hand that he will personally look into the matter. He's like ms Arnold we do not need you down here. I will take care of this matter personally. Thank you so much for calling me. Please keep calling and bust their phone lines wide open. Justice for Carlos Coy.....

Maryjainne Rodriguez said...

Man I'll die if you die

Anonymous said...

Shut yo ass up!

Anonymous said...

Fuck the law shit how can they sit there and not do shit of a person that needs medical attention fucking assholes . I hope Carlos gets the attention he needs or alot of fans will raise hell. Stay strong LOS we all love you .

Anonymous said...

I dont know you los, but when I read this I cried. I called and keep praying throughout the day that u dont leave us. But stay up cuz I know in my heart you wont leave us like this

Unknown said...

Im calling

Makeup By Rosita said...

Reading this and watching the video that is beginning to go viral i couldnt believe it. It breaks my heart that You are in pain and the injustice system is doing nothing about but certainly doesnt surprise me. I just want you to know that You have my support in this and ive got your back with the phone calls. I cry as i speak to god and ask him to watch over you as he takes the pain away.. I just cant imagine.. I pray! I love you Los.. Your Friend from Arlington.. -Rosita Trejo

Anonymous said...

When i said shut yo ass up, I was responding to Mr. Clary.

Letter One said...

#HopeForLos Keep your head up brother everything will be okay. Much Love And Respect To You & The DopeHouse Family! #GodBlessYou

Anonymous said...

Keep us updated please ...

Anonymous said...

Keep ur fate in god,homie. We here ur silent scream,and prayers...sweat,blood,tears,fear no man,only god,.fonzie espinoza

Nana Iracheta said...

What # is everybody calling. Plz email me &; lmk plz ima call!! This made me tear up! You can feel the pain hes going through just by reading the letter he rly needs the help. #freeSPM If somethin happens 2 you idk what I'll do! We love ❤ you &; we got your bck!
LuckiiMzNana@gmail.com
Plz someone email me w|the info Thanks.

Unknown said...

Really this isn't. About spelling is about helping Carlos come on guys

Shana Raby said...

Yes please keep us updated!

Unknown said...

Right

Anonymous said...

Any news?

priscilla gamez said...

I called already girl hopefully he gets. better! We need him mari

Anonymous said...

Ur in same unit my baby daddy's killer is at and hes a pig from precinct 6 get well.soon

Anonymous said...

Free SPM!!!!!!!! In my prayers...

Anonymous said...

I agree noone cares about spelling rn we care more about carlos than freaking grammar

Anonymous said...

This is a damn shame SPM could have been one of the best a legend in the rap game especially for latinos.

I hope he makes it but if he don't I hope he makes his peace with god hes lived a crazy ass life and his life should serve as a cautionary tale of how drugs and alcohol can make you do dumb decisions.

Ive read most everything on this site but no one has ever asked SPM if he was so fucked up that night of the assult that he may have not even remembered what he did. Even if he didn't do it fact is he was caught with 2 14 yr old girls in pasadena while on bail for the assult charge which wasn't very smart which was the reason he was sent back to jail he was told to stay away from minors and he didn't so if any thing he is guilty of making dumb ass decisions.

I do agree 45 years is way to much time to give when there isn't no physical evidence which even if he did do it the system still fucked him bad which is why I support this site. Any way I hope he get better because even though you locked up you should still be treated like a human being not a animal

Anonymous said...

My Prayer's Are With You Los May You Get The Help You Need!! The System Is So Fucked Up Thy Don't Care How Sick You Are Or If Your Dying We Should All Get The Help We Need Nobody Should Get Treated Like That Then Again That's Life Behind The Walls Thy Don't Give A Fuck Bout Who You Are Or How Famous You Are Thy Are Just Shady People God Don't Like Ugly Prayer's Are Being Sent Your Way #FreeLos

Anonymous said...

Lost ....without .....you

Anonymous said...

@anonymous ^^^^^^ if I may ask, how do you know his bail was revoked for being with two 14 year olds in Pasadena after the assault charge?I never heard that one. I think maybe I hear he failed a drug test. Also I wonder, was one of these 14 year olds one of the girls who testified?

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Coy,

This makes me sad to hear that the system has failed you in providing you the medical attention you need. Monday morning I will call the department and notify them of this injustice. I have been a fan of yours for years, and as a fan I will do you that favor. As a criminal justice major I'm sadden by the system on how it has failed many individuals (innocent or not). God bless Mr. Coy!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

I called 2 times

Unknown said...

To the one who commented under mine shut the fucc up theres a reason i spell with two c's bitch so mind ur fuccin business bitch!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope shit gets better for you LOS

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the medical attention that you need .....

Anonymous said...

did he really hurt his head from exercising, or did he get in a fight?

Anonymous said...

I am currently listening to Spm without the son it sounds like he is crying when he says "dont cry when i'm gone" the second time idk why it sounded like that but it made me sad thinking about him and his health. #Freedomx

Unknown said...

I hope everything gets better for you spm keep your head up

KAINE said...

FREE SPM HES NOT GULTIY. FUCK THE LAW THE GIRL SAID THAT HER MOM N DAD SAID LIE. ON HIM ITS BULLSHIT ... JACKERS IN MY HOME.. THY WANT TO KEEP HIM CAUSE THY KNOW THAT HELL COME UP ON TOP. WHEN HE GETS OUT N THY GONA HAVE A HARD TIME TO GET HIM ..IF HE GETS OUT.. FREE SPM NEED TO GET AHOLD OF SOMBODY FROM DOPE HOUSE RECORDS

Unknown said...

Thats wtf im sayin so im sorry los ima keep prayin for u!!!!

Anonymous said...

What video?

Anonymous said...

My name Is Martin Schmitz, from Dallas tx and my two favorite rappers growing up was and always will be Eminem and spm.. Los you are the heart and soul for many people and man I pur It on my fathers grave that those that did you wrong will pay. What goes around comes around! I'm calling this morning for you br0 ! Please get better !

Unknown said...

Sign the petition for a retrial if you haven't already! The power of prayer can make a difference!!!!

Unknown said...

you are always on my mind carlos, when I was locked up I had fell and hit my head...blood everywhere the bitch ass pigs just cracked open a tube of ammonia and shoved it up my nose so I would regain consciousness.. they have no respect and if the shoe was on the other foot I would love to see them squirm..remember karma is absolutely true..u give what u receive and I know you are very strong wonderful man, please don't get stressed because that could be early signs of a stroke caused from stress.my baby daddy had a stroke and he had same symptoms. you be out before 45 years I promise you got millions working on you getting a soon release. please take care los and im calling now to help and get a answer if I gotta call and be on hold all day n night I will. much love raza. you stay strong and we got your back ese. love you

Unknown said...

Fuk that lien ass little pinche puta her fuckin day will come all I can say is belive in karma free spm much love

Unknown said...

Free spm much love 💧💔💔💧💔💔💧
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
💧💔💔💔💔💔💧
💧💧💔💔💔💧💧
💧💧💧💔💧💧💧

Unknown said...

Is he better??

Unknown said...

Is he OK