Updated Thursdays

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Letter to Mike Anderson 1


If you missed the Weekend Reading, please take a moment to check out the Dope House Army’s Twitter and Facebook accounts here:

https://twitter.com/DopeHouseArmy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dope-House-Army/337373736375779
 

This is how we’re going to get the word out; by putting people in the streets pushing Coy’s music, telling his story, and letting the world know that he’s still fighting for justice. This is absolutely a numbers game so they need you, your brother, your sister, your best friend, and your grandma, if she's willing. If you’d like to be a part of this movement, please email (dopehousearmylastreetteam@yahoo.com ) or text ( 562 340-5957  Young J to sign up.

 

Okay, time for the first letter of the year! For those of you who are new to the blog, twice every month I write a letter to the DA. I explain what I’ve learned about the case, and why I believe Carlos Coy should be given a new trial.

 

One letter twice a month is a good thing, but the DA is more likely to take notice if he receives many letters over time. You’re absolutely welcome to copy my letter and send it, write your own, or just print out one of the flyers (in the column to your right) and send that.

 

A new DA took office this year, Mike Anderson. We’ll probably talk more about him on Thursday, but for now you can learn about him here: http://app.dao.hctx.net/Default.aspx

 

The goal is to let the office know that there are many people who desire another look at Coy’s case, so please; join me in sending a letter this month. The address is below:

 

The Honorable Mike Anderson

1201 Franklin

Houston, Tx

77002

 

Sir,

 

I’m writing today about the case of Carlos Coy #908426. In 2002, Coy was convicted of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a child. As you may be aware the DA’s office, the crime lab, and much of the justice system at that time were hounded by scandal and accusations of misconduct.

 

I believe that Mr. Coy’s case is one that should receive a second look by your office; no physical evidence was ever produced against him, the testimony of the complainant and her mother changed rapidly, not just before charges were filed but apparently during the trial itself.

 

I urge you to familiarize yourself with the facts of his case, and consider an investigation. I believe that he remains in prison because of an unjust conviction, and should receive a new trial. Please, help us defend the civil liberties of every Texan by ensuring that those who were wrongfully convicted can still hope for justice.

 

Me, my address, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Incandesio can I send this letter through email or is it just by mail.

Anonymous said...

We must all help & bring justice. Incandesio I thank you for what you do. I have been trying to get in contact with u through e-mail. I have a project for school n need some help. I messaged son of Norma on Fb n they said they would give u my email. -VickyS

Incandesio said...

DVD520: I think regular mail makes more of an impact, but if you can find an email address, go ahead!

VickyS- I got a facebook URL, but if you'd like to send me an email the address is spmaftermath@gmail.com