Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Build a Stronger Life


 

I’m going to take a break from the recap to talk about something that’s very important to me, personally.

 

In many of his letters, Carlos Coy talks about how you should build your life on a firm foundation, to educate yourself, to succeed honestly. If you’re in school, obviously, that’s going to be a fairly straightforward endeavor. Go to class, pay attention, and do your best.

 

But what if you’re out of school, and don’t feel like you got the foundation you need? Or what if you’re struggling in school, and the system is failing you? Never, never, never despair; there are resources online that are absolutely amazing, and I’m going to share a few of my favorites with you. These are all completely free of charge; all you have to do is sign up. There’s going to be work involved, and if you want to get anything out of them you’re going to have to put a lot of effort in, but please; remember that no matter how busy you are, or how hopeless you may think it is, you are worth it. Don’t sell yourself short.

 

 


 

Need some math? Whether you want to continue your advanced algebra, or need to start back at addition and subtraction, this is the place for you. These videos are not made by professional teachers, but by students and professionals who are excited about what they are learning and doing.

 

If you ever watched Numbers and liked the idea of being a genius with a whiteboard, go here. Math, economics, biology, computer science, history, art history, and many more subjects, totally free.

 


 


 

Whether you need to hone your English skills, go from pseudo-bilingual to fluent in Spanish, or just want to learn how to tell someone ‘Free SPM’ in Italian (liberare il Sud Parc Messicano?), Duolingo can help with that. You learn your chosen language while helping to translate the internet, with a points-based program that feels like a game.

Again, free.

 


 

I don’t claim to be a grammar guru, but I love to write and I am convinced that being able to communicate clearly in writing is the key to success. If you feel like you could use a little help in that area, try ego4u (it stands for English Grammar Online). There are lessons, exercises and games to help you progress. I haven’t been using this one very long but I’m impressed with how comprehensive it is.

 

Also free.

 

When you’re in a plane they say that in the case of an emergency you have to put your own oxygen mask on first, and then help those around you. Sometimes in life you have to do the same thing; spend some time on yourself, educate yourself, and then you’ll be better equipped to help your friends and family up. If you want to know how you can help this effort, first ask what you can do to improve yourself, your education, your life.

 

If you know of any other great (free) educational programs out there, please list them in the comments.

6 comments:

Ayana said...

Thank you so much! I really needed this, especially now that Im having trouble with keeping my grades up. Im definitely going to give Kahn Academy a try. You have no idea how much I needed this. Again, thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Incandecio I have a project and I need some help from you. I'm writting a report for school on a criminal case n I am using Carlos Case to prove the system is not always fare. I need to ask u a question can u email me please !!! virginiasapon8@aol.com
VickyS

Incandesio said...

Ayana, thanks for the comment, I really hope it helps!

Anon, send your question on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SPM.Aftermath
Or to the blog Email: www.spmaftermath@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you incandesio for posting help for the ones in need (:.
BTw when will we hear from spm just wonderingv

Incandesio said...

Anon 8:15,

I really hope the information finds it's way to the people who need it; All you blog readers & SPM fans have been a real encouragement to me, and I appreciate your comment.

As far as hearing from SPM: I'm not sure, I'm still waiting on the next Response. I think it will be soon, though.

Angela NiƱo said...

Beautiful....education is priceless!