Updated Thursdays

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Letter to Pat Lykos 33


There have been a lot of people coming through, probably because of the graphics that many SPM fans have sent in and shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. If you’re new, and wondering what the fuck this whole thing is all about, I recommend you start by reading this post, and then dive into Coy’s letters; you can find them all in the toolbar to your right. ‘SPM Responds’ are answers to questions asked by the blog readers, voted on and then sent to Coy. The ‘Dear Family’ column has personal letters to the fans; ‘Quick Updates’ are just that, short letters about the S.O.N., the Dope House family, things he sees in the comments of the blog, etc.

 

This will be my last post of the year; Thursday there will be a new Response letter from SPM, and then I’ll be back Thursday, January 3rd. I’m planning a series of ‘recap’ posts to bring y’all up to speed on what we’ve discovered about the trial, the case, and why these things are significant. If you’d rather not wait, you can go back to the beginning of the blog (May 2011) and make yourself comfortable; it’s a long read.

 

Ladies and gentleman, this is the last Letter to Lykos that will be posted; next year I’ll start writing to the new D.A., Mike Anderson, and probably also to Rick Perry. I really appreciate all of you who take the time to participate; as always, feel free to print this letter out and send it, write your own, or just print out some flyers and send those. Pat Lykos will step down as D.A. in January, but she’s still going to be politically connected and, I hope, interested in the pursuit of justice for the wrongfully convicted.

 


The Honorable Patricia R. Lykos
1201 Franklin, Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77002-1923


Ma’am,

 

I’m writing to you today about the case of Carlos Coy, #908426.

 

I understand that you will soon be leaving the District Attorney’s office, and starting a new chapter in your career; I hope that you have a great deal of success. Although this may be the last letter I write to you in your official capacity, it has been a great encouragement to me to know that you were involved in reforming Harris County’s justice system.

 

I, and many others, greatly appreciate the strides you have made towards accessible justice for all. I continue to hope that you will take an interest in Coy’s case; I have shared information with you as we discovered it, and if you’re ever interested in reading more about it, please check out the website www.spmaftermath.com. Everything we’ve found from searching through the public records available is there.

 

Again, I wish you luck in the coming year.

 

Me, my address, blah blah blah.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

incandesio,

check this out

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/12/top_latin_texas_30.php

they put SPM's 3rd wish album as texas' number one latin album from the past 30 years!!!

check it out, idk if you already have

Incandesio said...

ANon: Great catch, thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

does she ever write back? btw im glad you are doing this to free spm we need him out. your the best

Incandesio said...

No, but I don't expect her to; I write so that she knows people still care about the case. I have did hear back from the 1st asst D.A. Jim Leitner and Baldwin Chin of the Post Conviction Review Unit.

Anonymous said...

check this one out too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysw0Q0dmeus

this video dropped today, rasheed talking about the SON

Incandesio said...

Thank you, I appreciate it! I put it up on Twitter & Facebook.