Updated Thursdays

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Letter to Pat Lykos 30

It's the beginning of the month, time for another letter to Lykos! Election day is almost here, and Lykos will soon be replaced by either Anderson or Oliver. I hope she will take advantage of these last few months in office to secure justice for those that need it, and I would really appreciate some letters in support. You can send this one, write your own, or even just print out one of the flyers from the toolbar and send that in.

   
                                                                    
The Honorable Patricia Lykos
1201 Franklin St
Houston, TX
77002

Ma'am,
I'm writing to you about the case of Carlos Coy, #908426.

As election day approaches, I feel a little nervous about the future. I will admit, I'm hoping Lloyd Oliver will sweep the ballot box, mostly because he claims he will continue the reforms you have instituted. Although I am sure that Mike Anderson is an honorable man, his history with the D.A.'s office, and endorsements from both Johnny Holmes and Chuck Rosenthal worry me. Whoever wins I remain convinced that Mr. Coy did not receive a fair trial, and I will continue to plead with that person for justice.

However, I would still like to see you take steps to obtain a new trial for Coy. You have consistently assisted those who have been wrongfully convicted, and you have another opportunity to do just that. I know that the next few weeks will be very busy for you and your administration, but I hope you will take the time to investigate his trial, speak to the other trial officers involved in his case, and hopefully arrive at the same conclusion I have; namely, that Coy was railroaded by a system which placed a higher priority on expediency than justice.

Thank you for your time,

Me, my address, blah blah blah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong SPM ! Even tho im 14 I im a fan of you I even tagged my school with sharpies spraycans saying " FREE SPM! " and I got suspendent for that but I just wantes my voice to be heard
Sincerly ,Carlos

Anonymous said...

Stay strong SPM ! Even tho im 14 I im a fan of you I even tagged my school with sharpies spraycans saying " FREE SPM! " and I got suspendent for that but I just wantes my voice to be heard
Sincerly ,Carlos