Updated Thursdays

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quick Updates from Los (4)



Quick Update: The Meeting 9/23/2012

Fam,
     How do you? Just a quick update to say “hello.” Today I had a meeting with Pain Ortiz and Tudy Coy. We discussed the S.O.N., of course, and the snippet, among other things.


     We're going to be giving away one song from The SON, and there's a 90% chance that song will be “Cheifin.” But Tudy is reconstructing our website (DopeHouseRecords.com) and wants to wait till the site is finished before we release the single. He said it's almost complete.

     Also, on the snippet, Pain Ortiz wants to only release 8 to 10 snippets, out of the 17 songs that make up The SON. I thought we were going to do the whole album. Also, on the snippet, there's a freestyle I did at the County Jail, over the phone. I was actually drunk and just clownin around.

     I tried to get one of my homeboys to freestyle with me. I was, like, “Here! This freestyle called 'Break A Leg!' This freestyle called 'Break A Leg!' Go ahead! Go!”

     I was shoving the phone in his face. He was, like, “Hold up, man.” Then he flowed like 8 or 10 lines. That freestyle is just something for the snippet, it won't be on The SON.

     I've got some most voted on questions for the “SPM Responds” section, and I'll be answering those tonight. I'm behind on all that stuff because I'm engulfed in everything SON. We're still not sure what the cover is going to be, and the music is already 99% done. Then we still have to iron out everything that's going in the insert artwork.

     We had a four hour meeting today (special visit) so we talked about everything from videos, to merchandise, to social media. Dope House Records is definitely on the rise and The SON is leading the way. Then, I'll be getting out of seg. soon so that's going to be nuts. They've had payphones in general population since 2009, but that's when I got busted with some digital equipment. Then, they were going to forgive and forget, but in 2010 I got busted again. So they said, “Fuck this, let's send him to High Security Segregation.”

     When I got here I was, like, “Damn, this is crazy.” Like I've said before, this is where they send the highest threats to the prison system. Not only am I locked up with guys in the most dangerous prison gangs in Texas, but with guys who run these organizations.

     Sometimes I forget where I'm at. The other day I was arguing with a guy over sports, and shit got heated. I said, “You know what mothafucker! We'll settle this with a game of chess!” The whole pod started laughing. That's not, exactly, how they settle shit around here.

      That reminds me of a poem I got (from Sinner) yesterday. He's always sending me poems. Check this one out.

Con Amor,
Los

“The Walk”
 
Insane laughter floating in the air,
Hated anger is in their stair...
I deal with the facts others are afraid to hear,
daily I walk in another man's fear...
As I walk in faith, it's an endless mile,
Constant turmoil, never to reconcile...
Paths of life alone I must walk,
Wasted words I'm reluctant to talk...
Opinionated views of what I should do,
are offered by those who haven't a clue...
Quick to brag and overzealously boast,
of what never had, or who lost the most...
Style and materialist flash
Building on things that weren't meant to last...
My value on earth is my spiritual soul
The person I am in this leading role...
Humble actions distinguish me as a solemn man,
Who's discovered life's divine plan...
Everything is nothing-Yet nothing is free..
It opens my heart, to who I'm supposed to be...
Madness devours the majority caged,
lonliness leaves them constantly enraged...
To know thyself is to become a spiritual one,
And the inner sacrifices that need to be done..
Peace and tranquility, I seek to know,
Compassion in my eyes project a radiant glow..
Those who know, believe in unconditional love
It's the unseen gift as vast as the heavens above

To Carlos
 
Sinner


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I can't wait for the SON to come out. Its been 4 years since SP has come out with an album. I really hope that SP makes it to the Billboards at the way top to show other rappers that even if he is locked up his music still sells its self.....PEACE FREE S.P.M

Anonymous said...

"the son" is a very appropriate title because after SPM releases it he is defiantly going to "SON" the rap game...

Anonymous said...

im buying 2 copies of SON. or more, depends how my pockets doing that day lol.

Lets get him on the #1 spot where he belongs!!!

Anonymous said...

THATS GOOD 2 HEAR FROM YOU LOS DO YOU HAVE ANY MUSIC VIDEOS THAT YOU HAVENT SHOWED BEFORE YOU GOT LOCKED UP? OR IS THE DOPE HOUSE WEBSITE GOING 2 HAVE A COUNTDOWN FOR THE NEW ALBUM LIKE TLCV?

Anonymous said...

incandesio can you upload the actual letters from carlos???

Incandesio said...

When they're hand-written I always post a photo of part of it, but most of them are typed. Why?

Anonymous said...

courousity of reading spm's letters thats all, But how are they typed tho?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if spm knows about Kendrick Lamar and all these young hot rappers. And why hasnt there been another Mexican rapper at the level of these young artists?.

Anonymous said...

Yeah man, I'll definitely buy more than one copy.

Anonymous said...

there's some good artist out there, just depends on what ure looking for. Texas has good MExican rappers one example is Young Mex, but he got locked up. Also lil toro from norther california goes hard, but hes also locked up. All the real niggas are on lock,that sucks.

Anonymous said...

Will there be a bonus cd like on tlcv?

Anonymous said...

Is SPM going to write more about his case "Court Transcripts" soon?

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday SPM!