Updated Thursdays

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dope City: Purest in Tha Game is here!



Let's run this compilation CD up the charts! Call your local radio station and request it. Show your support for upcoming local artists like Hook, featured on track 9, For My People with Slow and Juan Gotti. He's been working with Jaime 'Pain' Ortiz to bring you what you need. The Dope House is still involved in the community, bringing up artists and giving them well-deserved exposure.
I was lucky enough to run into Hook on www.dopespace.com, and here's what he had to say.

How long have you been rapping?

I started rappin 12 years ago when I was 12. About 16 I wrote my first
"hit" called 'dopefiends'...the whole hood loved it..niggas had it on
they ringtones. People would pass by bangin' it in they cars and I
didn't even know them, so that's when I knew I had a gift. See, what I
realized is that we forget how good we are sometimes..so when someone
says "Man, you wreck" I'd be like "You like that?"

What's the feel of this album? What would you say it's about?

"Well, I'd say it's about reviving the whole DopeHouse brand....most
would agree that a lot of people were giving up on DopeHouse as a
brand thats drops consistant good music.

Why should people buy Dope City?

"You mean why should they buy 2 copies..lol...People should buy it
because it has great production, great songs, but more importantly
people should buy it to show DopeHouse is not dead...reigniting the
flame that almost went out. DopeHouse 4 life."

DopeHouse Records is still an important part of Houston's undergound music
scene; somehow they've survived the storm of Coy vs Texas and continue
on, providing opportunity to budding artists and hope for the hardcore
fans. Buy a copy for yourself, and one for South Park Mexican!

Buy it from the Dope House

Buy it from Amazon

Buy it from Itunes

No comments: