Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Phone Call (7)

This is a transcription of a phone call from 10/22/2015,

Eddy J asked, “How can I meet Los”

(laughing) Other than getting locked up? I’d have to put you on my visiting list, and I’m only allowed 10 adults on the list. I can change it every six months and see different people, but until I get home it would be pretty difficult. I have some awesome fans, but I don’t think I have any fans so awesome as to come to prison just to meet me.

Christopher G. asked, “How hard is it to stay positive in there, knowing you didn't do anything?”

It’s pretty easy for me, because everybody loves me. I’m in a cell where I have my library on my top bunk, I have a little area where my office is, my typewriter, my lockers are full of every kind of food you can think of, from lasagna to roast beef to chunk chicken to every kind of candy in the world. I have a radio that catches all my favorite stations, I have a beautiful flat screen television with basic Direct TV cable, and of course above everything else I have amazing family, and of course I consider fans family, and friends. I get to call my kids to talk to them all day long. I just hung up the phone with Baby Bash, he wants to meet Little Los (that would be Carlos Coy II) and Carly in the studio, because Carlos is starting to make beats now; I talked to Rasheed yesterday.

Beyond all that I’m a writer, and my writing is really good; I take great joy in writing. If all I had was a notepad and a pen in some empty cell, I would still be incredibly happy because I write so impressively, all praise to God. At least, it impresses me. I’m alive, I’m healthy as far as I know, I get visits every weekend, it’s so much love, it’s hard not to be positive. I would have to be blind as a bat and dumb as a dumbbell to not be positive. I don’t think I’ll be here much longer, it’s just…the future is extremely bright. I’ve got so many awesome plans and ideas coming in the future it’s just all lovely. I hope everyone out there is happy and positive, I hope everybody realizes how rich they really are.

Cris S. said, “My homeboy asked " why does spm mainly mention his daughter in his raps and not much about his son" no offense”

That’s a good question; let me see, why do I do that? I guess because she’s my only girl. She reminds me so much of myself. I love all my kids, although Carly and Carlos are the ones that stay closer to me. They constantly write me, send me cards, answer my letters, answer the phone when I call them. I’m much closer to Carly and Carlos than my other kids, but I love all my children very much. I only have one girl, and she’s definitely Daddy’s girl.

Elias M. asked, “As a child growing up, did you ever think you were gunna become a famous rapper? Or be as big as you have become?”

No; I always felt like I was going to be a rich businessman. I would always start off at least one sentence a day with, “When I’m rich...” I was that kid that always would say that, “When I’m rich I’m gonna do this, when I’m rich I’m gonna do that”.  How I expected to get rich I don’t know, but I knew that my mind was sharp. So many teachers told me, especially in elementary, how gifted I was, and smart I was.

Of course, in Jr. High I started getting in so much trouble…You know, when you’re really good at good things people can see your potential, but when you’re really good at bad things, people just think you’re a jerk. They can’t see your potential anymore. I mean, I was really good at being a smart ass in class; anything the teacher tried to say to put me down, I could twist it right back on her and make the whole class laugh, and nobody really saw the potential in that. They just thought I was a jerk, or a messed-up kid. When I would get into arguments with other kids they would talk crap about me, and then when I talked crap about them, I would totally destroy them. I literally had people wanting to kill me because of what I said and how I said it. Nobody ever said, “Wow, Carlos Coy has such a sharp mind, his words are so powerful.” Nobody ever says that when you’re using that stuff for the wrong thing.

 I did have an enormous talent with speech and with writing, but I was using it to get a lot of chicks and gain enemies, and nobody really saw the potential in that. But I knew that I was going to be something because all my elementary teachers told me so. (laughing) So I kinda went on that.

Cris S. asked, “Is most of your music inspired by classic rock?”

My music is influenced by my life, by the life I live. I love classic rock, but I also love classic country I love Hank Williams Jr, “Whiskey-bent and hellbound” “All my rowdy friends” and of course “A country boy can survive”, but really all classic country. I love classic country,  I love classic rock, but I’m a big rap fan too. My music just comes from the heart, every experience, every memory, every neighborhood, every friend, every girlfriend, every enemy, every good situation, every bad situation, it just shows in my music. I never have made music for any funky-ass program director, or anything that I thought somebody might want to hear. I just did what I liked, and thankfully a lot of other people can relate to it.

Cris S. asked, “What does he think of the rapper king lil g and Mr criminal, and about him saying he thinks snow tha product is the best thing he heard in a while, is great to hear cause she absolutely is bad ass and she does tell good stories the songs you heard weren't probably that's style but she has alot of different topics and your right she is funny I have her on snapchat and she has her own show, she funny as fuck”

Well, I can’t recall hearing King lil G or Mr criminal, unless Pocos Pero Locos played them. When I was on Allred I was able to catch Pocos Pero Locos’ radio show and they played a lot of Mexican-American rap artists, but I didn’t always know who they were. I do wish Mr Criminal  and King lil G all the best. I’m sure they’re good, I just never heard their music or don’t know if I’ve ever heard it. I’ve only heard the songs from Snow the Product that Pocos Pero Locos played, and I was just super impressed because she uses multi-syllable rhymes; on top of that her delivery is dynamic and extremely charismatic. I haven’t heard her story telling rhymes, but she, you know, just by listening to her it’s clear that she can do anything she wants on the mike. I think she’s extremely talented.

Aaron N. said, “Do you know some ppl in the car clubs from Bryan/college station ,Tx known as Royal Touch c.c.? I notice your Mary -go- round video your lac had "Royal Touch" on the back of the window, thought it was nice to see you represent Royal Touch c.c. from Bryan/College Station in the Mary go round video.”

Well, if it had Royal Touch car club on it, then the guy who owned that Cadillac was obviously a member. I forgot the guy’s name, but I do remember I broke his hydraulics on that video and he was really cool about it. (laughing) I didn’t have the money to pay him back, and he never asked for it. I hope it was all worth it. All my love AND best wishes to Royal Touch, and whoever that guy was, I’d just like to thank him again for letting me use that car. I had no idea what I was doing when I was hitting those switches, and obviously I blew something, but the video was great so much love to him and all of his club members.

Juvoe P. asked, “Why is Los talking about carolyn and the verses of is? It's not like she making millions using those verses. And not only that, isn't Ortiz or someone responsible for all verses of spm? If it was in Carolyns album, it must've been approved by someone who manages spms music and verses. That's my question. Curious to see if he ever response something similar to this.”

Why wouldn’t I respond to that? You’re right, it’s not like she’s making a million dollars, but I had much bigger plans for those verses and I’m not focusing on Carolyn; I’m focusing on Pain Ortiz. I have to say, even though it might make a few people mad, but I had my sister and her boyfriend helping me, and they’re still helping me with finding exactly how many of my verses were stolen and sold. We’re up to about 50 verses; I didn’t say 15, I said 50. That’s not stealing songs, that’s stealing entire albums. Carolyn plays a very small part in this situation and she really shouldn’t have been the focus the way she’s been, but then it started seeming to me that Carolyn was trying to make herself look completely innocent of any betrayal, and I know for a fact that that’s not true. I know that she did use some unauthorized verses. She recently showed me some letters that I wrote her that shows how I know about some of the verses, but it still doesn’t show me authorizing the 7 or 8 verses that she has across her various projects. Back then, when I was writing her those letters I really wasn’t too worried about a verse here or a verse there, but I wasn’t exactly thrilled with it either. At the same time, I didn’t realize that Pain was selling countless verses and now that I know that, I have to include everything and everyone who was a part of this. Me and Carolyn still talk; she’s forgiven, and even Pain is forgiven, but just because you forgive somebody doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have to pay for the crimes that they did. I just have to figure it all out.

You’re right, Carolyn isn’t getting rich off of those SPM verses, but I guarantee you I had much bigger plans for that material. I’m not trying to make it seem like I’ve been shot down out of the sky; even though 50 verses is a lot of fucking verses, you know, you can’t shoot me out of the sky. You can’t keep the wetback down; it’s just impossible unless you’re death himself. It’s not that I feel like these people have crippled me but come on, 50 verses is a lot of material. Whoever was a part of it, and I am finding out some interesting people have been a part of this situation, will be known to my fans and I’ll let the fans decide on how they will handle it. It sounds like your supporting Carolyn and I think that’s wonderful. But I promise you that her hands aren’t altogether clean in this situation.

Pablo C. asked, “Carlos, what's the most you spent on anything?”

I put down $300,000 to lease two clubs, and I guess that’s the most I spent at one time.

Moises J. said, “Carlos Coy you wrote this to incandesio and I just want you to elaborate exactly how did it happened (I know you didn't do what they are accusing you of) but I saw this video on YouTube that child molesters in prison get their Dom split I was just wondering. AND NO YOU ARE NOT A CHILD MOLESTER I'm a FAN of yours by the way #FREESPM (About three months ago I was in the dayroom doing some exercises and I busted my head on this steel air condition vent. My head was split open, I needed stitches but all they did was clean it and bandage it. Oh yea Idk if it's possible next year God willing I want to see visit you I'm here in North Carolina but I'm planning on going to Texas to visit Idk if you can make that possible for me to visit you and take pictures and a autograph Your #1 F.A.N Keep Up The Good Work One Day At A Time by the way on a Song Called making you sweat ft lil Rob on the Dope city album did you actually rap with lil Rob in the studio ?”

First of all, thank you for being a fan; that does, of course, mean everything to me. Second of all, what I say happened is what happened. I was in PC when I hit that vent; that vent was low and I shouldn’t have been joggin up under it, but I was able to jog up under it without hitting it, so every morning I would jog and I would go under that vent. I was so used to going under it that I forgot just how low it was, I was going under it without me hitting my head. After weeks and weeks of continuing to jog under that vent, I just forgot how low it was. So, one day I was jogging and I started kicking like the way football players do, lifting their knees real high which makes you bounce more. I ran up under that vent and when I jumped when I was kicking up my knees, I just busted the top of my head.

But dog, come on, that’s kind of offensive to ask if I’m really telling the truth. Think about why you’re a fan and then think about the question you’re really asking, if I’m saying some fraud shit. I hope I’m not sounding rude, but… (laughing) I’ve never even heard anybody disrespect me with their mouth, much less anything else. Now I’m in a program where it’s 36 of us and it’s just nothing but love, dog. If somebody wants to dance I’ll be happy to dance, you know; it’s nathan. But pretty much everybody in this system knows I was railroaded, except for haters who hated me even before this bullshit case.

Alex H. said, “I would want to know who is still trill or real in the dope house family ?? Please i would love if he answered that question”

Well, trill, um… I’ll have to look in the Hip-Hop Dictionary to find out exactly what trill means. As far as real, I mean, it’s the Dope House Family; everybody’s real, but some people make mistakes. Pain’s bitch-ass, he got addicted to opiates and betrayed me in the worst way. He had to pay for his probation fines and I’m assuming that he took care of those fines, which was in the thousands, with some of the money he made. But, you know, addiction can happen to anybody; I can’t condone what he did, and it’s hard for me to stand up for him because I’m the one he stabbed in the back but, like I said, if I didn’t forgive friends I wouldn’t have any. It’s just something I got to do and just… keep moving on.

Christopher G, said, “Ask him if there is any new update on screwston slow leaner”

Actually, we have the hard drives for all that material and it’s tons of material, tons of files. Pain knows exactly where that project is but, right now, Pain is estranged. He’s the Estranged Engineer of Dope House. Me and Jose Morales are just going through all the files and we’re finding countless things, but we haven’t stumbled across ‘Slow Learner’ yet. We haven’t even traveled through half of what those hard drives have, but we have found a lot of great stuff and there’s a lot of great stuff on the way so just be ready.

Cris S. asked, “What does he think about all the attacks in paris?”

You know, obviously, I thought about that possibly happening in America, which is pretty scary. Paris is an advanced and civilized area, just like Houston is, or any other city; it could happen anywhere, and it’s just very sad. I thought about… what if it had been my children in that building watching that rock’n’roll group, I think they were called the Eagles of Death Metal. That place was full of people’s kids, whether they’re 30 or 40 they’re still somebody’s kid. I tried to imagine how they felt, especially the people that lost their children and their brothers and sisters and maybe even parents. I’ve always believed in forgiveness, I never want to be somebody who hold unforgiveness in my heart because that’s like holding poison; but how hard would that be to forgive if that was your kid, or your mom, or your brother or sister?

I hope we can find a way to stop it; I don’t understand why the peaceful Muslims don’t step in and speak up, and let the world know that they don’t condone, you know…it’s like all the peaceful Muslims that say radical Islam is not what their religion is about, why aren’t they condemning these extremists? I just think that if Islam really is a peaceful religion, the real Muslims should speak up and start standing up against it. I don’t see a lot of that. It sometimes makes me wonder if they’re down with it but just don’t got the nuts to do it themselves, or what. It’s just messed up. I hope we figure out how to stop it. I’ve heard a lot of politicians say the only way to stop it is to destroy the people who do it, and it’ll probably be an ongoing war until… until Jesus comes, I guess. I just hope it doesn’t come to America.

Jaime S asked, “Are you bringing back Pimpstress, Powda, or Grimm back in your albums? We need more of them..”

Yeah, I would love to bring Pimpstress, Powda, and Grimm… I talk to Grimm on a regular basis, right now he’s working on his solo album. He’s pretty busy with that. Pimpstress and Powda, they’re a little bit more distant from me. I haven’t heard from them in a while, but I’d like to reconnect with both of them. Powda is probably still in Galveston, and Pimpstress is probably still in Austin. I guess I’ll try to see if anybody knows how to contact them, see what they’ve been up to. They’re both really talented, though, I can’t wait to connect with them again.

Victor S. asked, “Any new artist going to be on your next album???”

Yeah, maybe Carly…Carly Coy… AKA D.O.T.S. (Daughter of the S.O.N.) Maybe a couple of other new people, but I just wouldn’t know at this time. I’ll definitely keep everybody updated as things develop. Uh, I’m going to write a song for Incandesio and see if she can do it. Well, let me ask her right now.

Incandesio: You’re joking; you don’t really want me to include that last line, do you?

No, I’m serious! You have to write your response, Incandesio. (laughing) Are you willing to wreck the mike one time?

Incandesio:  
I have to say no.You think it would be funny,
but a half-ass flow won't bring your fans running.
No one’s gonna buy your music 
if it turns out when they choose it
they get a white girl as ‘street’ as
Huey Louis when he’s Cruisin’.






15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whaaaat????? !!!!!!!!! Omg I would love to hear carley on the nxt album! Is she aspiring to be a musician?? Is she a rapper or a singer?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask, how do you feel about luckys role in the verses?? Last week or so he did an interview with goldtoes n said he added his own verses to ur verses n sold em for double n that he got em from pain, but im curious...... all this time u n lucky never discussed that??? Like no1 ever mentioned these unauthorized verses up until now? My nxt comment is for fellow Dopehouse fans :
I dont understand these other fans defending carolyn. Even though she didnt make "millions" she still STOLE from a man who already gave her too much and on top of that she MAY have aided pain in royally screwing ppl out of $$$ who thought they were legitimately buying s.p verses. I feel she should apologize or release a statement or something, but no, shes acting 100% innocent n saying shes getting lied on on her social media. I lost respect 4 her cuz of that n it makes her look real scummy n cheap and low.

Anonymous said...

On the song wiggy wiggy was there other questions you were asking on the chours.

Anonymous said...

@Anon 11:36 Lucky also said in the interview that he would also add his own verse and only keep the money for his verse and would send the rest to pain (for the spm verse) he didn't know it was unauthorized verses he thought he was doing los a favor. Lucky been holding it down for you Carlos

Anonymous said...

Look up the CD Latin World Down South. There is a Wiggy Wiggy remix and it's longer than the original.

Mike from ATX said...

Lucky says SPM knows about the verses Jaime provided him with and "what Pain did with the money is between him and Dopehouse" He also states that when shit went down in 2002 he said it was barely a handful of artists around saying free spm and he finds it fake that some are on the bandwagon now. Also bout how pre incarceration people were shooting at limos and shit at war against dhr shit sounds crazy

I can't help but think it had to be Lucky, Gotti, Rasheed, Coast, Quota meaning the handful . Bc those are the only post incarceration non spm albums to be dropped officially by dhr.

Anonymous said...

In regards to peaceful muslims & why they dont condemn the extremists. .
Islam is 8 percent religion and 92 percent political.. now when one accepts a full package into a modern democratic nation.
You have a struggle.. jihad=struggle.
its not that they are peaceful its that they are accepting in silence how THEIR politics work.
Until all nations understand that Islam is political and not so much religion. These events will continue to happen.
They do not follow the laws of the land
And one cannot accept them on the bases of religious freedom because that is not what Islam is about as a whole.

Unknown said...

I hear that Incandesio will be replacing Carolyn and will be featured on the hooks in ur upcoming album, any truth to this?

Incandesio said...

I don't sing and have no interest in the music industry, Ivan.

Unknown said...

Lol yeah, I was kidding.

Anonymous said...

Can you ask spm if he ever met eminem or pimp c. !!!!?? would love to know

Anonymous said...

Will we get a few paragaphs like snipets from the book. Will u make a whole gospel rap album

Unknown said...

Ask him WHat he think about el chapo?

Anonymous said...

Ay SPM why don't call yourself a Chicano?

Unknown said...

Hey fam as always so happy to read that your doing good and are happy! I read some cat asked about lucky I just seen a video of lucky and lil flip with 1 of your verses on there did you approve this? Also I hope you did approve of that verse cause flip and lucky always been top 3 of course your number one and they always shouting you out! 1 more thing last but not least you would be surprised about the fam that would actually come see you, I live in Denver but if I was added to this list I would come see you and bring my boy he's 9 and a huge fan! Anyways much love for you fam! Hope to hear back from you soon.