Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Phone Call (2)

SPM called last weekend (9/26/2015) and answered a few questions that y'all asked. This is all transcribed by me, not written by SPM, so I apologize if I got anything wrong.

About the recent changes to the Day of Unity:

I was so grateful for the turnout last year, and I would not change a thing about it. Sadly I suffered repercussions for it, but I would not change it. Maybe one day we can continue with that plan. But I think we need to go on to the next phase and make the Day of Unity the day it was meant to be, which is a day for everybody to come together and tackle the subject of peace, of how to get our kids out of gangs. In the last two weeks we've had three drive-bys; one that killed a girl and her boyfriend. Then one that killed a nine year old and almost killed an 11 year old, and I guess they had the retaliation last night. This is what we need to get together about, to help our kids get out of this institution that is called gangs. Because there is no hope for a gang member. There is no future for a gang member. He either lives a hateful and destructive life in the free world, or goes to prison, or dies. Those are the only three things that can possibly happen. It's a no win situation. That’s what the Day of Unity should be about. Maybe one day we'll have a Day of Freedom. I could almost believe that there is a Illuminati, as crazy as that sounds. It almost sounds like they are afraid of the power we could have. (I don't believe in the Illuminati, for the record).

can you ask if it’s true they stole some of his new lyrics to use in other songs without his permission.

      Yes, absolutely true. And it's probably the most horrific thing you could to me besides kicking my mom’s bad knee with steel-toed boots. Next to family and friends (and I consider fans family), there's nothing more precious to me than music. We have an archive of stuff, we call it newly discovered material. This person did the unthinkable a lot of times with a lot of people, selling this material. What’s sad is these people, who paid money for these verses, do not own them. If DHR finds anyone using these lyrics in any way, they will be served a cease and desist order. It makes me sad, but anyone who got bamboozled by this guy does not own the verses.

      I'm sorry, but I'm finding it very difficult to forgive this guy because he sold so many verses. I do forgive him on a personal level, but on a business level it's pretty much unforgivable.  A lot of this stuff that's getting out there is stuff that I wouldn't allow to get out there, it's corny and weak. Usually I edit this stuff and that's what hurts worst, because a lot of this stuff is making me look like a mediocre artist.

Is your new album going to be out anytime soon?

      We're working on a documentary, actually, and there'll definitely be a soundtrack to that. It's going to have a reenactment of the trial, using the exact words that were spoken from the court transcripts. We're also going to have interviews, and a lot of back story, and just really show the world visually because not everybody reads, and even if they do it's more powerful to see. There's many other projects on the way as well.

Ask him about trump

      Well, I think it's pretty clear to the world that Donald Trump is in first place and I think he's even more popular than Hillary, more popular than Jeb Bush, more popular than any other candidate. I think that, very sadly, kinda shows the hatred that America feels for Mexicans; this guy has been so hateful, in so many ways, as far as those crossing the Mexican border. He's thinking about tearing families apart, even kids that were born in this country, and he's saying all these things and he has all this support. Trump just shows the world how much his supporters hate Mexicans. But it's fear that gives birth to hate, and they fear what's going on, like it's some kind of invasion. They fear the numbers, and the accents, because at the rate things are going, by the year 2050 there will be more Mexicans than any other race in the country. The fear gives birth to hate.


I can't really talk about the Mexicans born in American because they get spoiled; Mexicans in Mexico, in my experience, are all such good people with such strong values, honest and hard working. When I was raised my mother had to rent our garage out to make ends meet to Mexicans working nearby. She had, like, six beds up and a washer and dryer set up. These Mexican guys were living on the other side of the wall from me, my sister, and brother. That's how she was able to buy me a little polo every now and then. They were so respectful. Trump is just a hateful man, but that hate comes from fear. Maybe he was raised that way, I don't judge him. But he has showed me how much America fears the rise of the Mexican population.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Repercussions? Can't cross a bed of coals without gettin burned in the process.
Everytime you put out an album you will have repercussions. You can't escape that. Might as well suffer for the cause in getting you out and not just to feed your fam through your music work.

James G said...

"I can't really talk about the Mexicans born in American because they get spoiled" lol

Anonymous said...

U think u will be out before ur parole date of 2024

Unknown said...

Free Spm

Unknown said...

Where can I write him to?

Anonymous said...

Incandensio do u think he can be released before hes up for parole. ?

Anonymous said...

Did u allow juan gotti and ice to use some of ur verses.for most of thier joint album?? It sound un proffesional

Anonymous said...

Six more years maybe less.and maybe he will be free? What everybody think

Unknown said...

My uncle was accused and convicted of the same crime. He to is inoccent, they gave him a 45 yr sentence. He served 23 yrs of it. So in my opinion with the time he has already done plus ur 6 there is hope.

Unknown said...

Need Carlos coy new address please

Unknown said...

Who the hell was selling his verses? I knew a guy that said he had a hook up. That was a long time ago tho.

Unknown said...

Here Carlos Coy Info

Carlos Coy 0111642
1100 FM 655
Rosharon tx 77583

Lost Father said...

yo I'm sorry but I'm Mexican and I am voting for trump, spm, please don't get involved with political shit. I respect your music but don't be a political target man.

Anonymous said...

I think if you're voting for Trump, you shouldn't be involved in this. Trump is going to tear Mexicans out of the U.S. and for what reason other than we're real, hard working people. ^^ @peter p

maryxoxox said...

I'm sorry, but if you're Mexican and voting for Trump, you're either really ignorant or dumb. A lot of people are saying it's because he can make the economy better. I guess they are forgetting that his businesses went bankrupt FOUR times. I don't believe he'll be in the primary election anyway but its really frustrating how uninformed people are (especially Mexicans).

Anonymous said...

Who's the one that stole and sold his verses? Lucky, LowG, Juan Gotti?

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered making a song with Snow tha Product or Immortal Technique?
Snow tha Product is one of the dopest female rappers out there. Even better, she's Mexican.

Anonymous said...

Ja rule was in concert here in UT a couple weeks ago. I got the chance to smoke w/him I mentioned your name he said "That nigga goes hard as fuck" just thought I'd throw that out there. Also I'm not sure if you know who DJ Paul is from Three 6 mafia but he was asked who the most under rated rapper is guess who he said? Muthafuckin' SPM. Even mainstream rappers know you. BTW muthafuck Paul wall's hatin' ass.

Anonymous said...

What do you think bout Dat Boi T ?

Anonymous said...

It's hard for a man to grow up in the hood,watching your mom's struggle to provide for you seeing the pain and the strain,it's starts to take a toll.as a man you grow and you start to adapt to your situations,to your predictments.SpM grew into a superstar the best way he knew how..I respect him for that..No love loss from nobody I know...Keep yo head up and yo rhyme book close cuz they still out here trying to take from sumbody who ain't Neva had shit.. aka South park half/Mexican