Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Talking Points 4

I received a 42(!) page legal letter from Coy, which I will start posting next week. Before we get to that, I want to talk a little bit about the media coverage of the case. The papers that covered the case most extensively were the Houston Chronicle, which I refer to often, and the Houston Press, which I use less because of the horrific revisionism in the piece, ‘South Park Monster’. I just don’t trust what they printed.

            Most of us don’t give a shit about court cases that don’t involve us, and even if they do spark our interest it would be unusual for us to sit in on one. We rely on the media to let us know if something when there’s a giant clusterfuck going on, we expect to be told when there’s something to be outraged about.

            Most of the coverage of Coy’s case focused on the enormity of the accusations against him, and very little on the trial. They didn’t go into a lot of detail about how the prosecution was proving it’s case. I’ve uncovered a little bit of it, and Coy has gone into more detail with the transcripts. This is 12 years after the height of the publicity...What could have been reported while the trial was still going on? How could uncovering this stuff have made a difference in the outcome?


            Keep that in mind over the next few weeks, as you read Coy’s new legal letter. These inconsistencies could have, should have, been publicized years ago. 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

So is this good news

Anonymous said...

Hey Incandesio, did Los say he will be out of segregation and be put back to regular population in April. I know he mentioned something about that on one of his letters.

Incandesio said...

Max: I think some of the points in SPM's latest letter will be good news.

DVD520: I remember he said he was up for review in April, but I don't think he was approved to get out of Adseg.

Anonymous said...

so incandesio does that mean that we will hear about what really happened to him at trial . and i heard coy was always drunk and high during trial

Unknown said...

This blog brings me comfort for some reason. Thank you Incandesio.

Unknown said...

Free spm!!!

Incandesio said...

Anon 11:37: He does talk about the trial, and he's talked about it in the past. You can read it in the 'SPM Responds links to your right.

Marisol: Thank you, for all your support and hard work!

jose said...

ive been trying to read more about spms case. i read that article south park monster. i dont know what to think. i hope spm can set the record straight!

Unknown said...

The other day I miss read something about Carlos coy being free soon and WOW for a second my heart like opened up with joy! It was crazy I felt like I was the one who won! Even tho it wasn't me being free or my family I felt good cause I feel spm is my family even tho never met him but his justice means a lot to me..wish wasn't a misunderstanding ha ja but free spm!!!

Anonymous said...

Its official. Son of Norma Oct 2017

Unknown said...

I been listening to his music ever since he went to south padre island , wen 3rd wish first came out, man its been forever, now his locked up for sum dumb crap they put on him , his music is awesome and poetic , he is one of the greatest. ..like he says in the song (without the son) im the king of houston!!free that spm!!

Unknown said...

June 2014

Unknown said...

Hey Incandesio cant we all get together & get SPM a really good team of lawyers that hav got innocent people out of jail before like they did for Rubin "Hurricane" Carter we need to get them to judge this case outside of Texas I dont know Im just thinkin Im just so tired of him bein in there already poor guy & his family they r missin out on eachother alot & it sux becuz he is in there & he's innocent.

Unknown said...

im with Jaime Molinar...when he says that we cant wait till Carlos Coy get together nd form a good team of lawyers for him cause i dont know how many timea i gotta say this and i think i will keep on sayin this until the day i see him free and relase to his family i think he innocent and was treated very unfair i do support him and beleive in what he says im in his cornner every step of the way i do and can see where there was no justice done for him i keep him and his famliy in my prayers that he does get the trail nd justice that they deserive well i leave this with the up most respects nd love my heart does go out to Coys famliy nd to the Dope House Famliy

Anonymous said...

I'm 21 from San Antonio I'm the one got all of them the albums I've been reading all that I'm the one of them support to SPM fIrst tIme I haven't heard of SPM since I was 13 I found burn cd just one song SPM The 3rd WIsh I got even inspired by that legend he does like Tupac but He's MexIcan not child molester when I was doIng my search that I'm about to get know hIm I was shock that SPM got 45 years In prIson for chIld molester?.. That unbelievable how that can be happen? SPM doesn't like it any stupid If SPM was on the top billboard he on his way to climb up on the mountain some bItches want his money that was set up nah I don't think that what he did he should know how to be cool about Dope House that not what he like to being child molester and that "South Park Monster" he just goofy around he tryna scare them any fake ass rappers not people never.. f#%k Cash Money that stupid hoes up SPM used to be real hustla he speaking the truth I can make solve problem what if SPM wouldn't be out so long time it just because they holding of him they let these fake ass rappers come after him SPM should be on MTV or radio when he was free they didn't put it they don't want a million people to get know him he's the one Mexican of legend he kinda special as far as possible the world need him.. peace out