Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quick Update 9



Quick Update: “The Lashing of Pain”                                        Postmarked May 24, 2013

El Fambino,

            Hope you’re doing great. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I got a letter from Jose Morales (Operations Manager/DHR) and he told me that “Angels” had a piano that sounded a little too loud. He said it was distracting, (and any instrument that’s too loud would be distracting.) He said he brought it up to Pain and Trey, and they contemplated it. I told Pain that if they had to contemplate the issue, then it was too loud. So, on the next snippet, which will have another free S.O.N. song, that piano on “Angels” should have a better mix. If you guys thought it was too loud, please share that on your comments. Also feel free to lash out at Pain in any way you’d like, since he’s our head engineer, and responsible for the finished sound.

            Speaking of Pain, he wants to make “People” our next free song on the snippet. I told him that we should let the fans vote on that, but he said since he was taller than me, it was his decision. I’m still trying to find that rule in our Dope House Book of Rules and Regulations. Until then, you can expect “People” on the 2nd Edition snippet that we’re giving away. If you disagree with Jaime, again, you may use this blog to lash out at him. But don’t tell him I said it. In fact, Incandesio, could I lash out at Pain in the comment section, but make me “Anonymous” so that he won’t know it’s me? If so, here’s what I’d like to say:

Anonymous said:
Your name shouldn’t be Pain, it should be P.I.T.A. for “Pain In The Ass!” You think you’re smarter than SPM just because you know what all those buttons do? Well, SPM is smarter than you! Next time you let us fans vote for the song we want! Nobody cares what you want! Now go make SPM a sandwich!

            Hmmm, what else can I talk about. Well, the S.O.N. still has no official release date but the artwork is getting worked on by Coast. I had no idea Coast was skilled in computer graphics but he’s very good at it. Honestly, I don’t even care how good it looks. I just want this album out so we can focus on what’s next. And we continue to move closer to that goal.

            It’s been awhile since I’ve told you guys that I love you, and I’m very thankful for you. You uplift me, encourage me, support me and even fight for me, and I dedicate the song “Angels” to you. That’s definitely what you are.

            You know, I’ve got, like, three unfinished letters for you, and I’ve decided, while I work on longer letters, that I’m going to send you “Quick Updates” much more often. No Cold Forties, no elaborate stories, just little hellos to stay closer to you.

            Well, I’ll go ahead and let you go for now. Please take good care, and I’ll write you more in a bit.

Con Mucho Amor,

Los 

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELL YEAH THANK YOU FOR POSTIN pause

Anonymous said...

I wanted chiefing as the next free song you ass pain I ain't tripping though I mean come on it's a MOTHERFUCKING SPM SONG of course it's gonna go hard #FreeLos #DHA #CantStopWhatDontStop

Anonymous said...

i just wanna say that the single "Angels" was exactly the kinda pick me up i needed.. it was just a few years ago that i decided to better my life get baptized and walk in the path of a christian.. its a hard road and one with so many people waiting to dump all their hate on you.. and thats cool christ has taught me alot and retaliation is not one of them.. but some days ah some days you need something to rejuvenate you after a long week.. i thank you you, aswell as God for inspiring you to write and record "Angels" plenty people call themselves christians but are quick to close their mouth so speakin about jesus don't "offend people".. seems you breaking more barriers then these cats in the free world

Anonymous said...

Hey los. I juz gotta say i feal ur day of freedom comin soon. The other night i had a dream i was helpin u with ur first outa jail concert. It was so reall. And about 98% of my dreams come true... Even if theyre about what ima eat next friday(damn steak tacos... Soo good) haha juz stick in there homie. Your day is soon.
-Luis

Anonymous said...

I wrote some people on twitter that i had spoke with an dope house records employee or secretary and she told me they were thinking about an October release date...

Anonymous said...

What up LOs...my name is Orlando..ive been jammin u since i was a lil vato in my early teens..im 28 now.. i had ur tapes i couldn't afford CD's n plus my garage sale boom box only played cassettes lol.. the tape that i feel saved me was time is money.. the cover had something like..spm doesn't represent any gang... The G.R.O gangs r out...lets gro up... Ive been addicted to ur dope since day one.. ive every album ...its my escape.. thank u for opening my eyes n heart staying hate free.. i hope ur released soon..i wish i could do more.. im down wit u like fo flat tires.. hope u see this.. itll be firme .. til next post...never change.. much luv...orlando lopez.. sorry for rambling on..lol

Anonymous said...

sup spm. you are more than a rapper . your our voice. u lead our movement.one day los youll be free.

Sergio Mendoza said...

Please release poor kids next. Every time I listen to that song it gets me mad because it cuts off. That song sounds clean.

Everyone vote POOR KIDS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sp should have pain and arthur put an spm mixtape on datpiff with some unrealeased songs that sp recorded before goin to the pen. while we wait on th s.o.n album. i mean i bet sp alreadi got a lot of ammo recorded up before gettn locked up
Free dat boy C.Los

Dm888 said...

"People" as the next single? That's great! One of the tracks that stood out for me the most on the snippet. When listening to "Angels" I always have to turn the volume up a bit more to hear your voice/verses, for some reason it's a little low. Could be the loud piano but I'm no expert. Good song though!

Anonymous said...

Yeah it does sound like some of the instruments over-power the vocals. I'm sure it's hard to get it just right with the way they have to the vocals through the phone. That's cool that Coast is doing work for this album. The songs that SPM and Coast do together are some of my favs. Coast has a great unique style and i like how he mixes different genres of music in his sound. Love the TOL trilogy. Much Love! FREE SPM!!!-beanieman

Anonymous said...

I really liked the sample we got from the song, "People." Its a great choice,IMO. But "Addicted to Storms" would also be a good choice.

Anonymous said...

^^Wrote the comment above.I went back and listened to the snippet, and I want to hear more from "Addicted to Storms." But "People" also sounds good.

ivan said...

Addicted to Storms! Come on guys let your keyboards be heard! Stop the oppression!let firmly join our hands to reject this unfairness!

Anonymous said...

"Chefin" sounds like a bad ass jam. When i 1st heard it on the snippet i thought that would make a good single for the radio to get more people hooked on the dope SPM cooks up. I know you dont give a fuck about the radio, but it would be like a breath of fresh air to hear some spm on the airwaves n that sounds like the perfect song.

yungstawish said...

Na angels is a radio song...chiefing should be next freebe for the streets.. free spm...I always dream about u like I had a few visions that have came true....free los..dope house

Anonymous said...

Addicted to Storms, brah. "My girl hates it when i snort coke cus i can't fuck." The beat is bad ass.

Anonymous said...

"People"

Anonymous said...

NO , the piano was not too loud. It's very nice. I really liked every second of that song, as it is.

Anonymous said...

"People"
"Chiefing"
"Without the SON"
ohh and yeahh, some songs sounds good for the radio.

Anonymous said...

People
Without the S.O.N
Or Addicted to storms

Anonymous said...

October 5 should be a good release day for the son of norma why¿? Well that spm birthday would be a good present from him to us... Free SPMex!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

the release date has to be on a Tuesday that's when the new release cd come out , I'd would vote for to the flame

Anonymous said...

Your name shouldn’t be Pain, it should be P.I.T.A. for “Pain In The Ass!” You think you’re smarter than SPM just because you know what all those buttons do?Well, SPM is smarter than you! Next time you let us fans vote for the song we want! Nobody cares what you want! Now go make SPM a sandwich!

Anonymous said...

#8 Frustration is my pick !

Anonymous said...

1 & 8 seemed the deepest songs & I really like spm's deep stuff thanks Los we've got lots of luv 4 u 2 bro & were all in there doing the time with u Intel ur free ! God bless Tommygun, Oregon 2 Texas

Anonymous said...

Cant wait for the album to drop! I've been listening to the snippet over and over! DHR please hurry up!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Choose "people" its sounds freaking dope! !

Anonymous said...

Choose frustrations. Imeen all the songs los makes are legit but frustrations stood out the most on the snippet in mine and alota other peoples perspective. With out a doubt i vote frustrations but either way im more than happy to hear any1 of the tracks. Stay up los much love

Anonymous said...

spm your a creep you twisted mo fo
eat shit and die I cant believe I listen to your shit

Anonymous said...

hope your dick falls off

Anonymous said...

still hating at 1:33 a.m, fool go to sleep, take a break from hating. You probably were never an SPM fan to begin with, hating since day one. FREE THE MEXICAN!!!

Unknown said...

Its good to hear SPM in good spirit. He will ALWAYS be the best rapper ever in the game. he a fool with his wordplay, it doesnt stop! cant wait for his next album to drop. I want to know if SPM is using any of his production on SON. This is just my opinion, but I think yall should try Carolyn for the course on Angels. Stay strong SPM you give all us mexicans HOPE IN LIFE.

Rome said...

When does the song "People" drop?

*FREE LOS*

Rome

Anonymous said...

SPM, what can i say? , i love this man i love his music im addicted to it. It helps me a lot and im not even mexican or american im from europe, Yea Carlos you got fans all over the world fuck the haters. i really like reading your mails , im waiting for the S.O.N the snippet is dope also waiting for your book!! (Maybe dope-house realeses some SPM-shirts with the SON since its hard to find SPM shirts online and the dopest shirts like the shirt "When devils strike" is sold out)

- much love Artem