Updated Thursdays

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Recap 1


Since we’ve been going for nearly two years and have picked up a lot of new readers in recent months, I want to take the first few posts of 2013 and go over everything from the beginning. Those of you that have been reading for a while, thanks for sticking with it; you already know most of this information, but you may find it interesting to re-read it.

 

For those of you just joining us, we’re going to talk about District Attorney Chuck Rosenthal, who eventually resigned after a lawsuit was filed requesting his removal. Destruction of subpoenaed emails, some kind of prescription drug abuse, and a whole slew of other controversies shadowed his term.

We’ll go over the two A.D.A.s that prosecuted Coy; the long string of Texas cases that have been overturned because of new evidence, illegally concealed evidence that came to light, DNA tests botched or simply never done. We’ll talk a little about the scandals at the Children’s Assessment Center, a place that exists to help find the truth and care for abused children, but was rocked by scandal when one of their nurses was accused of improperly gathering evidence for the police.

 

 This is more than the story of a Houston rapper railroaded by the system, in my opinion; it’s the story of a system-wide failure affecting hundreds of innocent people. Carlos Coy’s case is simply one of the most visible.

 

For the record I am not, and have never been, paid by Dope House Records, the Coy family, or anyone at all for writing. I have no personal connections with the family, friends, or associates of Carlos Coy, and I have no personal axe to grind with the Harris County Justice System. The only contact I have with Coy is through letters, and I’ve never met him in person.

 

It is very important to me to be able to bring you sourced information; I will usually post links to these sources below the post, or within it. I use newspaper articles, public records, and court documents that anyone can find. I don’t yet have access to the full trial transcript, but you can read pieces of it in the Habeas Corpus documents online, and in the letters Coy sends for the fans; you can see these in the toolbar to the right.

 

I believe he is innocent, but I can’t prove it, and I will never pretend that I can. My goal in gathering and disseminating information about the case is to eventually get him a new trial, either by turning up new information or by shaming TDCJ into taking another look into a case that I believe they screwed up royally.

 

Whether you agree or disagree, I appreciate you taking the time to learn a little more about the case.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Incandesio, i hope this is seen by many people and help get coy a fair trial very soon , free sp mexican

Unknown said...

much love to spm from sacra cali

Unknown said...

INCADESIO HOW MAY I WRITE TO CARLOS COY AND START HELPING HIM GET A FAIR TRIAL

Incandesio said...

Christopher, his address is:
Carlos Coy
#1110642
James V. Allred Unit
2101 FM 369 N.
Iowa Park, TX
76367

Unknown said...

Carlos Coy #01110642
Powledge Unit 1400 FM 3452
Palestine, Texas 75803 isnt his adress !? ! I send him a letter to this adress !

Incandesio said...

The Powledge address is an older one; they may still deliver a letter addressed there, but it will take longer because they have to forward it.

Anonymous said...

Hope this dirty chomo gets shived.

Incandesio said...

Anon 3:02

Because that would totally prove you right; good call.

Unknown said...

Aww thank god there ganna foward the letter thank you incandesio & Anon 3:02 shut up SPM is the best rapper hes better than your skinny jean wacky ass rappers you listen to ! #FREE SPM

David villegas said...

Spm needs a fair trial. I beleave spm is innovcent.money talks they want his money.the best rapper alived got.framed for.his money.

Incandesio will spm write his fans back

Davidvillegas said...

Cuz my jury didnt have one mexican and they knew I didnt do dat dumb shit now I gotta show them who they fucking with

ese creeper said...

U THINK I CAN LEAVE LOS A LETTER RIGHT HERE? THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET HIM MY LETTER BE BY E MAIL!SO CAN I JUST POST IT HERE?

Incandesio said...

Ese Creeper:

IF you want, you can post it on one of the more recent posts in the comments, and it'll get sent; you can also send him an Email at www.jpay.com using his inmate number, 1110642. If you'd prefer to write him yourself, the address is:

Carlos Coy
#1110642
James V. Allred Unit
2101 FM 369 N.
Iowa Park, TX
76367

Unknown said...

Free dis Mexican dnt know you personally los but I listened to your never change album today and have been a fan since 2003 your shit made me tear up homie cuz it's all real and heart felt and I dnt believe a loving father like yourself could ever you h a little one...... I've read all the court documents and it speaks for it's self...... F!#& the system they got lenard peltere in the same boat because he spoke his mind and was part of a movement who fought the goverment for our people "AIM" Wounded knee. Mad love a d respect SPM #freethis Mexican